UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

200 Clamps

Old 11-28-2003, 03:18 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 200 Clamps

The story so far.....

Stevenage train station is to the East of the town and a few years back a large leisure park was constructed next next to the station.

It didn't take commuters very long to discover that they could park next to the station and not have to pay the daily
Old 11-28-2003, 06:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My ex GF's Uncle was a warden. They are on commission for every ticket they issue after the first 25 per day in Croydon . Bastards !
Old 11-28-2003, 06:58 AM

That is classic Steven. I may have to swing by on the way home and have a look at all the fun and games. hehe
Old 11-28-2003, 06:58 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

CALL ANGLE GRINDER MAN!!
Old 11-28-2003, 07:14 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

When the commuters turn up tomorrow in 500 x
Old 11-28-2003, 08:19 AM

Well my better half just rung me and said there was chaos
in the car park in the Stevenage Leisure park - lots of men in high visibility jackets etc....... sounds like fun !!!

Simon
Old 11-28-2003, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

has anyone called angle grinder man? That would be a serious laugh
Old 11-28-2003, 02:28 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Well I love clampers myself. Boy, has this touched a nerve!

As long as the site is clearly marked with clamp warnings or is obviously on private property, what's the problem?

This country is full of selfish people who think they can park where they like.

I have 3m wide gates and they are the only entrance to my property. If my gates are blocked, I cannot get in or out. It's not 'tight', it's impassable. It is a private estate and there is no street parking. If you park in the street you block my entrance.

Last month - a change of neighbours. I open my gates to go out, to be met with a Golf GTI 18" in front of my nose. No-one in sight. So I hang around for a few minutes wondering where the driver can be. Then a couple of women arrive on scene - estate agents. No apology, just a stupid smirk. So I say very mildly "sorry would be nice?". Not a bloody word from them. They jump in the car and go.

A week later, Gad comes home, tired after what I call work. What do I find? The same Golf in the same place. Estate agent appears and as I lower the window says "sorry I'll move it". So I say "look, you can see you are blocking my entrance, please don't do it again" No swearing, no threats. It's a woman - so nice Gad. I've got to add here that my two neighbouring properties have similar entrances and have enough off road parking for about 10 cars each. I leave a VERY polite note asking the neighbour to appreciate my position, come round and chat if you like, blah de blah de blah. No response.

Three of four days later, I drive up to find a different car in the same spot, totally blocking the entrance. So I decide I'll just lean on the horn for a good minute (mighty Ford, not limp Honda job . No response so I repeat the dose. Next door's gardener appears - "oh, the cleaner is here, they thought you were out". I manage "I was, now I'm back" through gritted teeth. Cue fat wench who wobbles out to car and gets in without a word. So I've had enough. I shout "look, I can see from the size of you that you need plenty of room, but please KEEP MY ING DRIVE CLEAR!".

You can guess the next bit - gardener decides this is the time to impress fatso. "Oi! There's no need to talk to her like that! You are out of order mate!" I decide to ignore this, since I'm wearing a suit, I'm tired and I cannot see a happy ending. So I drive in.

However, Lady Chatterley's Lover can't let this go. One brain cell must have told the other I must be scared and am therefore fair game for a little intimidation. Since he has a tattoo on his neck and on BOTH HANDS I am probably terrified. And I have no tattoos! So he makes the error of coming onto my property to try and intimidate me. He decides it would be a good idea to bring the new (male) neighbour.

Cutting a long story short, after I had listened to the opening bars of how I was "looking for a slap" from the gardener and they knew I had also "had a go" at the estate agent from Mr middle class, I put my own point across.

I explain that I will never understand why anyone would block someone's drive. I could think of one exception - dropping something off and leaving the engine running and the hazards on. I said that I thought the ample parking made the recent events even more inexcusable. I let them know that an assumption that I was out was ridiculous, because it kind of missed the point that I might come back. Finally, I said that I thought an apology might defuse the situation and that one from three was not going to lighten my mood. They still thought I should apologise.

So at this point I have to be nasty Gad; I have tried hard not to be. I have to explain that I'm not scared by tattoos on the neck and I realise that I'm not a big guy. I tell them that they can wait there for the apology and while they are waiting I will go into my house and phone the police to report two threatening intruders on my property. If I come back out and they are still there, it will not be to make an apology. Interpret this however you like.

So then I get the "you're not worth it" line. Dontcha love that one? They leave. Next night new neighbour's wife comes round to apologise. Bless.

Both nice as pie ever since. Maybe chatting to other locals and learning I have a rep for cleaning my guns naked in the garden and flying a Combat 18 flag helped smooth things over. Even the gardener nodded today.

Well there you are. I feel better for that. I have to suffer all this because people think its OK to park where it suits them. Graduates of the you school of motoring.

You bet I like clamps. All people need to do to avoid them is:

1. open those round things in the middle of their face
2. respect other people and their property
3. stop taking the piss

Do you think I should get into the mediation business?

Old 11-29-2003, 01:32 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bharat
Old 11-29-2003, 01:58 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I was round at the leisure park this morning (McD's for breakfast).

There are *lots* of signs stating " Private property..... unclamping fee

Quick Reply: 200 Clamps