UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

1st service due soon - Weybridge or Guildford?

Old 07-31-2003, 04:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st service due soon - Weybridge or Guildford?

I'm undecided which one to use - one is relatively handy for work, one is relatively handy for home. So far, my own experience plus searches has shown:

Trident Weybridge: bought the car from them - wasn't too impressed with the preparation or state of the workshop but haven't yet heard of anybody actually having anything bad happen there.

Honda Guildford/ Worplesdon: Committed some howlers when it was Grosvenor Garage but a couple of people have had very good experiences there since it's become a proper Honda main dealer.

So, if anyone who hasn't posted on the dealer survey or elsewhere has had recent experience of these places let me know....

Cheers,

Jon.
Old 07-31-2003, 04:18 AM

Trident always seem to have plenty of S2000's in so I guess they must know what they are doing

I am put off going there because they are so busy the car park is chocca and you know how easily the S2000 picks up parking dents

I am using Southern Counties to investigate my post trackday noise because they seem to be oriented towards the more 'sporting' Hondas and also because I've had positive feedback on them
Old 07-31-2003, 04:23 AM

I know what you mean about Tridents car park, although when I picked my car up, they actually had a young lad manouevring cars in and out of the car park for the oldies turning up to get their Civics serviced.

Southern Counties is a bit far to go for an oil & filter change but it sounds like they've got a bit more of a clue on the more technical stuff.....
Old 07-31-2003, 04:27 AM

it was bedlum in there last time but they have been very good honouring my warranty claims I'll say that much for them?
Old 07-31-2003, 04:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used Guildford Honda recently to resolve a clicking from the driver's side rear wheel - they did a great job of that but I was lucky because they had had another S in a week before with the same problem, so they knew what it was and how to solve it!

I don't think they have any NSX trained mechanics there. When I went in to them I asked if they had any S2000 experts on the service team, they were honest and said no but the workshop manager had some experience of them so he looked at it for me. One thing to note is that although the name has changed all the same staff seem to be there!

Another thought is Fleet Honda, they have an NSX trained mechanic there who does know the S2000 quite well. The only problem with the Fleet is that they are so busy it can take 2 weeks before they can fit you in.

I would say give Guildford a go, I don't think there is such a thing as a fantastic place to service your S2000 anywhere so they are probably no worse than any other dealer.

- Adam.
Old 07-31-2003, 04:35 AM

Fleet honda dont have the best reputation to be honest...many have had bad experiances....use with caution. I live in fleet but took mine elsewhere..
Old 07-31-2003, 04:47 AM

If you can travel then i would use Bushey honda, not too sure what they are called now as the management have just bought out the owner as he's retired. was known as crown honda in Bushey.

i have yet to hear a bad thing about them and i no that 3-4 board members use them and mine will be going there in the next 3000 miles.

Hope this helps.

Simmo
Old 07-31-2003, 04:58 AM

Convenience is a big factor, so it will be one of these two as I can drop it off first thing, go to work in a loan car and pick it up in the evening.

It is only a 9000 mile service after all. What can possibly go wrong

Actually, think I'll need new front pads too - noticed they were looking a bit thin when the wheels were off yesterday.........
Old 07-31-2003, 05:15 AM

JONeM,

I can't help you, but you could help me by reporting your findings. Trident is down the road, but wouldn't mind travelling to Guildford if you have a particularly good report.

Cheers,

S.
Old 07-31-2003, 05:38 AM

I have just joined up with this forum, so first of all hi everyone!

I recently took mine to Weybridge for a gearbox problem I am having (grinding slightly in 2nd and 3rd at low revs) They adjusted the clutch which made a slight difference, but still is not right so it's going to have to go back. The funny part is they went and gave it an 18000 mile service when it had only just been serviced a month ago by them when I bought it. At least they admitted without any hassle that it was there fault and didn't try to charge me. (Bill was

Quick Reply: 1st service due soon - Weybridge or Guildford?