UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

1st Own Fault Accident for 16 years

Old 07-30-2005, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st Own Fault Accident for 16 years

Apologies for the long post but I want to share this with you as a warning
Old 07-30-2005, 10:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Bugger

Your last line sums it up. Its no matter how good a driver you are. That is very true.

I`ve had my car for over three years now, its exactly the reason you just cannot do anything in decent speeds in the car in the wet due to its unpredictablilty.

Seriously, I rarely run over 30mph in the wet, unless I am on a totally straight road, ie a motorway, then its maybe 50.

BUT - I don't intentionally drive it in the wet its probably 3 times maybe and I drive like a learner!

Well, you've done all the thinking and its pointless going over it. If you have a few pics, share the pain.

I advise buying a few bottles of red today. Get drunk this afternoon. For that moment you'll either cry or feel a lot better. Then when you wake up you'll feel:

a: headachey
b: fed up you car needs fixing
c: pissed off coz its a Monday morning.

So the week HAS to get better
Old 07-30-2005, 10:10 PM

Sorry to hear this splodger. Like everyone will say "glad you weren't injured", but you will still be upset and sad about you car . Good to hear you being so honest about what happend. It might just save one of us from doing the same.

There was something on TV recently about a particular material they are using for road surfacing these days, which has very poor grip characteristics, even in the dry. They showed a bend where there had been something like 6 accidents in a week, and the road was never closed for investigation. Might be worth looking to see how many other accidents there have been recently on this road.

Just a thought

Dave
Old 07-30-2005, 10:32 PM

Really sorry to hear about this, but glad you're still around to share it with us - as you say if something had been coming the other way it would have been a completely different story.

Hope you get the car sorted out as quickly as possible.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:57 PM

Sorry to hear this mate

Thanks for the good write up though.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for sharing..

you can fix the car.. and nobody was hurt which is the main thing,

just hope it gets fixed up quickly for your euro trip.

what's the tyre situation on the car?? is this with these "improved" wet bridgestones?
Old 07-30-2005, 11:55 PM

Sorry to hear the bad news.

Glad you are OK.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:17 AM

thats bad luck but at least you are ok.

i thought the 04 was supposed to be better in the wet!
Old 07-31-2005, 12:25 AM

Splodger sorry to hear about your car!

i dont get my car till this friday and am starting to get a bit worried about all the offs i hear about on here. this is my first rwd car. actaully i did learn to drive in my dads old volvo 240 estate! does that count?

i`d say i`m a good driver but i`m sure there are alot better ones on here. i thought the MY04 handling had been improved so that it was more progresive and less snappy. splodger ive always thought maybe in the previous offs the guys/gals were doing something silly but the fact that you are used to powerful real wheel drive and rear engined cars does worry me especially when the wet weather seems to be here to stay!

If the car is really that sanppy in the wet surely honda should have done something about it. i remember when the tt first came out they were all recalled for a suspension upgrade. i just dont wanna hurt myself or trash my new car! am i just being a pussy??
Old 07-31-2005, 01:13 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

tebs,

i wouldn't start worrying unnesserily. i've had my car for 18 months now and have never had a significant moment that i haven't experienced in other cars and mine is an MY00 with the 'snappier' chassis. Splodger mentions that lots of other cars have gone off at the same corner. i bet they weren't all S2000's!

Bad luck splodger. The good news is that no one was hurt. I would be really tempted to speak to the police and find out how many accidents there have been at this corner and if there have been a significant number it would be worth speaking to the agency responsible for maintaining this section of road.

Quick Reply: 1st Own Fault Accident for 16 years