UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

106MPH Speeding Ticket .... Help !

Old 06-21-2004, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 106MPH Speeding Ticket .... Help !

Nothing more to say !!!

Any ideas ?????
Old 06-21-2004, 11:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pray!
Old 06-21-2004, 11:10 PM

What sort of road, traffic, conditions were you caught in?

Could make a big difference to the penalty.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:21 PM

A44 Mid Wales - A week Sunday last - bright, sunny, no traffic !!!

Never saw a van / camera - but there are plenty of arrow straight roads around there where it is all too easy to do these speeds.

Think I'll be having a word with a solicitor fairly soon to see what the score is.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Appear in person, be apologetic and think of reasons why banning you would cause hardship to others or may affect your job. Oh, and brace yourself for a big fine and lots of points/ban. Pink Lady, Mr T's brother and my housemate have all appeared in court for similar speeds (but I think committed on the motorway) and each of them faced several hundred quid fines and many points (my housemate was actually banned, but he already had 9 points ). Bad luck
Old 06-21-2004, 11:49 PM

Originally posted by craig armstrong
Pink Lady, Mr T's brother and my housemate have all appeared in court for similar speeds (but I think committed on the motorway) and each of them faced several hundred quid fines and many points
My brother was done in a similar neck of the woods to you, aregp - on the way back to the Midlands from Aberystwyth - pulled out to overtake a lorry which was crawling along, put his foot down and promptly got done by a scamera van for doing 92 in a 60

I've posted my advice on a number of occasiosn before but it's pretty much what Craig has already said. You don't need a solicitor - it's a waste of your money. You can make just as effective plea in mitigation as he can, assuming you're an even halfway competent speaker. Be sure to attend in person rather than plead by post (although at that speed, post probably isn't an option since a ban is on the cards), look smart and make sure you appear suitably contrite.

I have to say though, I think at that kind of speed that you're virtually certain to face a short ban Best of luck.
Old 06-22-2004, 12:19 AM
GSi

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mark Turner
Old 06-22-2004, 12:52 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

You naughty boy

Best of luck
Old 06-22-2004, 04:05 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GSi
Old 06-22-2004, 04:23 AM

Oh dear

wiv da lawyers, appear in person, be prepared to be contrite and be made to feel very naughty (or is that just me ) look smart, being nervous helps and point out (nicely) that you are aware you have made a mistake and need your car for work/home etc

I did 100mph on motorway and got 5 points and a [EDIT] FINE fine i said fine i mean what stooopid pink stuff would have put ban [THEREIN ENDS THE EDIT] . The Magistrates did say that due to me pleading guilty IMMEDIATELY and having a clean licence for 18 years then they have been lenient with me.

Good luck but be prepared for a short ban because if the speed limit on the A44 is only 60 then you really are in trouble.

:hug:

Quick Reply: 106MPH Speeding Ticket .... Help !