UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

100,000miles in an S

Old 01-16-2013, 08:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 100,000miles in an S

Well I got the S2000 past the 100,000 mile mark this evening on the way home. I bought it in 2002 as a new second hand. I can't say I've loved every minute of it but it has been a cracking motor and has played a significant part in my life. Some good, some not so good but all an experience.

I'll start with the bad:
Heavy right foot had me rotating up the M56 in the wet within the first 1000 miles of owning the car. I'd love to be able to blame it on diesel, or tyres but actually was a very heavy right foot and no idea how to drive the car properly. Lesson learnt early and before I joined here so not too much ridicule

The half dozen breakdowns due to the "improved" alarm system fitted by Honda UK. How that was ever signed off I'll never know. Total dogs dinner of a system.

Dishonest and slap dash mother humpers that are Honda UK. Refusing to honor there contracted warranty because they're lazy bar stewards and can't be bothered to follow their own systems. Some body work was fixed by Honda (see spin above) and then started to rust T&Cs state it's covered by warranty since repaired by them. Dealer that repaired it went seriously downhill. Trying to sell work that wasn't needed, refusing to contact me when I was trying to get quotes for work to be done; basically if it wasn't warranty or servicing (I.e. cash cows) they weren't interested. Voted with my feet and went to a different dealer. When I went to get the dodgy repair work Honda insisted I go to the original dealer who promptly put 236miles on the clock. Zero interest from Honda in resolving the issue.

Now for the good:
Getting involved with such a great group of people on here. I've met some truly great friends. Partied hard with some, shot others (in a good way ). Some have given me a bed for the night, helped with job hunting, had some cracking nights online gaming or even just popped over for a cheeky pint. Been to a couple of weddings and had people come to mine. People of S2KI I salute you

Been to some brilliant meets. JAEs, I've been to several and had a great time drinking, dancing and eating dodgy pseudo Japanese food. Having a group tug in public with a group of like minded individuals and generally acting like reprobates. XMs, I've been to nearly all and broken more than a few people with smuggled in Absynthe. MM1 with a huge number of other cars and muppets. North Wales meet with about 15 cars all flooring it in the Conwy tunnels or getting airbourne on a remote road. A mini meet around the evo triangle with some friends and having a damned fine day. I think safe to say I've been more one for the drinking and social meets than the driving meets but its been a blast

Finding out the positions it is possible to get into in a 2 sweater convertible

Forking out for the photos of Soapy and the many Lessing it up sessions by the S2k girls for charity
Naked hot tub parties with beer and cigars (and no I'm not making this sh!t up)

Driving with the roof down at midnight on a crisp winter night and finding I love it or being stuck in gently moving traffic on a warm spring day and feeling very chilled

A friend who's a rally navigator giving me pace notes and having so much fun scaring myself silly.

Getting shed loads of thumbs up and nice car mates from people and no oi w@nkers for driving a 2 sweater convertible.

I've also learnt a lot whilst I've been on here:
The adage "empty cans make the most noise" is still true and be careful who you listen to on here. Some people think they know more than they do.

Read the "read this first" thread. There really is a reason it exists so save yourself the pish taking.

If the passenger window doesn't work check the switch before asking

Dry humping when a new woman is sighted on the threads is not attractive

Projectile vomiting vertically upwards is messy although by all accounts impressive. Make sure someone is videoing it next time

Probably a bunch more I'll think of once I've posted this.

To all of those enjoying there cars on here keep the faith
Old 01-16-2013, 10:32 AM
Administrator
Gold Member (Premium)
Admin

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Old 01-16-2013, 11:55 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

on the Highway to Hell...
And I'm going down,
ALL the wayy
On the Highway to Hell

Great post Ben - congrats.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:04 PM

D'oh yeah and the really important one I meant to add on the bottom!
A many many thanks to the mods, the organisers and those that supply expertise or muscle to make things happen. These things don't happen by accident
Old 01-16-2013, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Nick Graves
on the Highway to Hell...
And I'm going down,
ALL the wayy
On the Highway to Hell

Great post Ben - congrats.
Cheers buddy
Old 01-16-2013, 12:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You make it sound like its your last time in your S2000 Ben! Hopefully, many more happy miles.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:15 PM

Received 79 Likes on 66 Posts

EXCELLENT NEWS , there is a few of those comments I would echo

Any way I see Warranty Direct have just pronounced that Honda are the most reliable cars as far as their records are concerned, Zee Krout Wagens cars did not do very well BMW 25th Audi 26th , worst of all at 36th Land Rover esp Range Rover.!
Old 01-16-2013, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexGJ248
You make it sound like its your last time in your S2000 Ben

Very nearly was yesterday!

Congrats on the milestone.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:24 PM

Amazing the stuff that goes thought your head that quickly when the adrenaline surges. I did think "I thought I'd make 100,000 before I wrote it off" as the tank slapper started
Old 01-16-2013, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by AlexGJ248
You make it sound like its your last time in your S2000 Ben! Hopefully, many more happy miles.
More of an award ceremony speech

Quick Reply: 100,000miles in an S