UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

£25 just made my car 6 seconds a lap faster :)

Old 01-22-2012, 01:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default £25 just made my car 6 seconds a lap faster :)

I'm sure most of us realise that the slowest part of most of our cars is us

I just did my first track day at Snetterton today (3rd track day in total). As with each day I've paid for a tution session. Worth every single penny!

I managed to get alaprecorder working on my phone, check out the improvements in my session with the instructor.

Nearly 6 whole seconds quicker in one twenty minute session! I then went on to get a 2:31 on the gps. I did go a second or two faster than that in my last session as I managed to link together a few good laps but the GPS failed to log it properly as they had spotted my suction mount so it was in the centre section

The first lap is a warm up lap by the way

I can't imagine how much it would have cost in tuning to get those 6 seconds
Old 01-22-2012, 01:37 PM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

I've been saying this for years.

Now, sort out those RaceRender vids....
Old 01-22-2012, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good work.

I always plan to get tuition when I go to track days but I always too excited and don't bother.

I will deffo get it at Spa in April, last year I could have done with it .
Old 01-22-2012, 02:29 PM
MIP

I'm sure tuitions worth while, but for a track you're not familiar with, you do just get faster as the day goes on anyway right?
Old 01-22-2012, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by MIP
I'm sure tuitions worth while, but for a track you're not familiar with, you do just get faster as the day goes on anyway right?
Yep
Old 01-22-2012, 03:00 PM
Banned

tuition is definitely worth it as long as you listen and do what they say but also bare in mind that first few laps the car wont be upto temp so after a few laps you will be pushing harder so its also car related.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:54 PM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Without tuition you won't get much faster as you're probably driving the wrong lines.

I've also learned loads of useful driving technique from my instructors over the years (trail braking, better steering, better car balance etc etc.)

If you're already a driving god, and know the best line on a circuit, then it's probably not worth it. Then again,truth be told, most of us aren't driving gods...
Old 01-23-2012, 12:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lovegroova
I've been saying this for years.

Now, sort out those RaceRender vids....
I can't The gopro hd2 1080p videos are just too much for my computer. I'm having to run W7 on a virtual machine on my mac and race render just can't handle them then. I can watch them straight from the camera fine in W7, but editing is a step too far. Really really annoying!
Old 01-23-2012, 12:35 AM

You can use the software that comes with the gopro (or any other you feel like downloading) to convert the 1080p into a lower quality format, might help
Old 01-23-2012, 01:45 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Originally Posted by zzkamikazezz
I'm sure most of us realise that the slowest part of most of our cars is us

I just did my first track day at Snetterton today (3rd track day in total). As with each day I've paid for a tution session. Worth every single penny!

I managed to get alaprecorder working on my phone, check out the improvements in my session with the instructor.

Nearly 6 whole seconds quicker in one twenty minute session! I then went on to get a 2:31 on the gps. I did go a second or two faster than that in my last session as I managed to link together a few good laps but the GPS failed to log it properly as they had spotted my suction mount so it was in the centre section

I can't imagine how much it would have cost in tuning to get those 6 seconds
Just out of interest, what did the instructor help you out with?

Quick Reply: £25 just made my car 6 seconds a lap faster :)