UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

*crying eyes out*

Old 08-27-2002, 10:31 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear about that.

Hope you mamage to sort it out asap

Regards
Bharat
Old 08-27-2002, 11:18 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

What's all this crap about no courtesy car? You choose the repairer and say they are not getting the work without a courtesy car. Just don't get picky and say you want "something similar to the S" or you will irritate people.

It's not up to Tesco to choose the repairer - even if they give it "it's our approved repairer blah blah". You just need Honda approved for your warranty.

I once had an insurer tell me a small local bodyshop could repair my M3 for me. Ha Ha ha.
Old 08-27-2002, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to read no damage to you Andrew.

This thread is a reminder that we all need to be careful as powerchord is the second member of this board to have a crash in a week.
Old 08-27-2002, 02:15 PM

Originally posted by PowerChord
I was coming off a roundabout straight into a left hand bend at about 25 mph in 2nd gear, when I felt the back end twitch..... then swing out, I tried to correct it and ended up facing the oncoming traffic on the opposite side of the road, before crashing head on into a VW Polo at about 10 - 15 mph.
--
Andrew
Mate you have my sympathy. I did almost the same thing when I was your age: spinning my boss' Vauxhall Omega across a dual carriage way, over the central reservation and onto the opposite side... only by the grace of God did the Merc coming straight at me stop in time. I too was only doing about 25mph but I just had kept my foot in for a bit too long on the sweeping turn onto the road... much swaying to and fro as I tried to catch it (hopelessly hamfisted over-correction in hindsight) until I gave up and put both feet in....oops - big tortured scream of rubber, up and over and there was the Merc. I'm really sorry your story had a sad ending though You'll be back on the road in no time - just get the car away from Sothern Cowbots ASAP!!

Tif

Edit: sorry if I sound a condescending old git, I'm not having a dig at you at all just recounting my similar experience.
Old 08-27-2002, 02:23 PM

The important thing is that no-one was injured.

On the track I had a similar incident, changed gears mid corner on a tight semi hairpin. Held it but the instructor was in the car and explained all that just happened.

One more point, did the Polo driver react like you had been behaving badly or was it all too quick for him/her?

I am 25, but if that policeman had said he was going to prosecute me when I knew I was not speeding and he did not even see the accident then I am afraid I would have blown my top, I would have been taken down the local station just for ranting off at the officer, they have no right to make assumptions!!! Bloody cheek!

Apologies for the rant at the end, good luck with the repairs, maybe a geometry change may help (just what I have read on this board).

Often.
Old 08-27-2002, 03:31 PM

Andrew,

Sorry to hear of your sad news. I got in my car and drove it today for the first time in about five days. The first junction I pulled away from the back end went, and I ended up 'power sliding' into the flow of traffic. Although it may have looked very impressive it reminded me how careful you have to be.

I totally sympathize and hope you get your car back how you want it soon.
Old 08-28-2002, 12:40 AM

Originally posted by mrsoften
I am 25, but if that policeman had said he was going to prosecute me when I knew I was not speeding and he did not even see the accident then I am afraid I would have blown my top, I would have been taken down the local station just for ranting off at the officer, they have no right to make assumptions!!! Bloody cheek!
I must admit the officer's behaviour was extremely unprofessional - he may have biased witnesses and placed ideas in the other involved party's mind.
Presumably he could be quoted in the other party's accident report ?
Old 08-28-2002, 12:46 AM

Originally posted by mrsoften

One more point, did the Polo driver react like you had been behaving badly or was it all too quick for him/her?
The polo driver was a young women with her mother and daughter. They took it very badly!! They screamed abuse at me about how I was obviously going too fast, and could have killed 3 generations. And that their car was obviously a write off. In the end I just had to ignore them until the police turned up.

If anyone who lives locally is interested, it was the large Hazelwick roundabout on the A2011 with the flyover that goes across the roundabout, coming off the exit to Crawley town centre.

Thanks for all the similar stories guys, it really helps me to realise i'm not the only person this kind of thing happens to.
Old 08-28-2002, 01:01 AM

Originally posted by Tifosi Red

Edit: sorry if I sound a condescending old git, I'm not having a dig at you at all just recounting my similar experience.
I guess we've all been there in one way or another - including, probably, your policeman.

Sorry to hear about the shunt - I hope you get the S back soon.
Old 08-28-2002, 01:18 AM

Originally posted by PowerChord
Thanks for all the similar stories guys, it really helps me to realise i'm not the only person this kind of thing happens to.
Not at all!!!!!! Although mine happened in the wet, I lost it on a slip road to the M25 and ended up doing more than a 360 - thankfully no-one else involved. There was no way that I was hoofing it (I was running my replacement engine in at the time!!!). I know I wasn't well and was tired and perhaps that affected my judgement/reaction but it all happened before I knew what was going on.

Sorry to hear about all this Andrew, hope it gets itself sorted! I'm with gaddafi on picking where you want to get the car repaired though. I refused to use my insurers recommended garage as they appeared to not give 2 hoots about my car when I took it there for a quote, and were not willing to store it for me. They wanted me to drive it 10 miles home despite the fact there was significant rear end damage (cost about

Quick Reply: *crying eyes out*