UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

West Midlands Breakfast Run - Sunday 11th October *

Old 09-15-2015, 11:26 PM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default West Midlands Breakfast Run - Sunday 11th October *

Morning All,

Having been to a few "Ricky Run's" and enjoying a good breakfast at Super Sausage, I am starting to have withdrawal symptoms. Having moved from Bedford to Bidford, it is now 100 miles to the start line of the Ricky Run.

Would there be any interest within the west midlands area (Warwickshire) to arrange a similar run early on a sunday morning?

I thought of potentially looking for a route than also ends at Super Sausage and could possibly tie up with the existing "Ricky Run" to make for a larger S2000 gathering at Super Sausage.

Open to ideas for alternative breakfast stops and suggestions on routes. (A Mc-D breakfast at a motorway service will not be accepted).

Iv had confirmation of potentially 5 members to do something early hours on a Sunday morning.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:33 AM
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

You are of course welcome to join us at the Super Sausage - there is an occasional East Midlands run from Leicester-ish.

Here is a great route across from The Fosse Way near Southam to the café, which would be a good start.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:42 AM

Thanks for the Route suggestion LG. If I can get enough people together, we might see you at SS at the end of the month.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:03 AM
Community Organizer

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Shaddow - I think this is a great idea.
As mentioned before it would be great to also have a drive from the East (Cambridge) too.
I always wanted to do one of the Ricky runs but the 2 or 3 hour drive to the start to make it in time would be a killer.

I will keep my eyes on this one...

Simon - I really would like to arrange something from the East for the Druid's next year.

Steve
Old 09-16-2015, 02:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I´m based in Oxford and would be up for a Sunday breakfast run around the area too
Old 09-16-2015, 03:04 AM
UK Moderator

Originally Posted by minvo
Simon - I really would like to arrange something from the East for the Druid's next year.
Well, you could follow the Icknield way to Ivinghoe Beacon and meet us there. (It's basically the A505 from Royston but goes up to Thetford) - you'd have to leave really early, though!
http://www.icknieldwaytrail.org.uk/a...n/IW-route.jpg
Old 09-16-2015, 04:50 AM
Community Organizer

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by lovegroova
Originally Posted by minvo' timestamp='1442397812' post='23748318
Well, you could follow the Icknield way to Ivinghoe Beacon and meet us there. (It's basically the A505 from Royston but goes up to Thetford) - you'd have to leave really early, though!
http://www.icknieldwaytrail.org.uk/a...n/IW-route.jpg
Sounds great. Do I presume you will do the Druids on the 19th as the 26th is the British GP ?

Steve
Old 09-17-2015, 02:49 AM
UK Moderator

Originally Posted by minvo
Sounds great. Do I presume you will do the Druids on the 19th as the 26th is the British GP ?

Steve
We'd probably do the 26th, as we don't go anywhere near Silverstone any more. We are finished at the café by 11 or so, there's plenty of time to get back for the GP (although maybe not for you!)

The bigger concern now that we go to Stonehenge is avoiding the Solstice itself.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaddow
Morning All,

Having been to a few "Ricky Run's" and enjoying a good breakfast at Super Sausage, I am starting to have withdrawal symptoms. Having moved from Bedford to Bidford, it is now 100 miles to the start line of the Ricky Run.

Would there be any interest within the west midlands area (Warwickshire) to arrange a similar run early on a sunday morning?

I thought of potentially looking for a route than also ends at Super Sausage and could possibly tie up with the existing "Ricky Run" to make for a larger S2000 gathering at Super Sausage.

Open to ideas for alternative breakfast stops and suggestions on routes. (A Mc-D breakfast at a motorway service will not be accepted).

Iv had confirmation of potentially 5 members to do something early hours on a Sunday morning.
Shaddow,
I might be interested in this. I live near Wolverhampton so not too far to meet up.
Will keep an eye on this to see if anything gets agreed.

Cheers

Matt
Old 09-23-2015, 10:52 PM

Not as much interest as I thought.

Unfortunately I wont be about for this Sunday to possibly meet up with the other breakfast run, but could propose a date of Sunday 11th Oct.
Let me know if anyone would be interested?