Old 07-02-2006, 01:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 07-02-2006, 09:00 AM

Old 07-02-2006, 10:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GTFCTIM,Jul 2 2006, 10:00 AM
A closure?

I think that is Rawhide.. we were trying to go out as a small group.. and just as we got through the barrier they closed the track.. so he was left behind and had to turn around.

how do you manage to spot these tim??

the other silver one with the soft top up.. had some rather hideous wheels that hardly fitted in the arches, so I was surprised to see him on the track.

the orange barchetta.. was very quick (didn't sound standard)..passed us all.. driven by an old nutter.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Kobe,Jul 2 2006, 07:58 PM
How do you manage to spot these Tim??
I have a keen eye for nice things
Old 07-02-2006, 12:07 PM

I am sure Ben will make a full report when he is back online at home in jersey..

from my point of view.. excellent day out.. if rather sunburned. I got up very early this morning before the traffic started on the autobahns.. made it in time for a coffee at the hotel before setting off for the track..

first lap was a bit iffy.. track conditions were very different from easter,

it was just incredibly bright out on the track.. and I couldn't see any of the familiar turn in points or apexes on the tarmac.. so I was a bit all over the place - and despite hot conditions..I didn't really get the soft tyres warm enough at first.. and it was understeer city for most of the lap... I had visions of binning it on the first lap..

next lap - tyres were much better behaved and remembered to use the visor to reduce the glare from the road..and switch the aircon off.. and things started to get a bit better..

traffic on the laps was pretty good.. just a few nobs about, mostly brits and mostly bikers.. the actual registration no of the main culprit is.. R6THE so I assume he had an R6 - whatever that is..

other interesting moments, caught up and "eventually" passed a GT3.. I guess he was on a cooling down lap

going out for px laps in andy's SBC was a particular highlight.. my first time in one of those caterfield type cars.. really a lot of fun - but I think it's also the point when I got the sunburn on my arms.. drive faster next time andy
With the extra power coming from the engine mods.. it's a very quick car and can stop on a dime. Everytime I thought I had escaped from it on a straight.. he would be straight back on your back bumper by the time you were starting the corner

if you want to do a lot of driving.. this summer weekend would be much better than easter.. the track seemed pretty empty when you were out..and the carpark was mostly full of bikes.. taking one car space for one bike .. but was still possible to park up after a few minutes waiting.

usual crashes spread out during the day... mostly seemed to be Ron's alfa 75's keeping the local tow truck busy.. and or bikers being involved in a spill. Hopefully nobody too seriously hurt.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:35 AM

Morning,

Feeling a bit sunburnt too, especially after the trip all the way back with the roof down. Saturday was a lot less busy, so better. Sunday was getting a bit silly, and bloody R6THE! At one point he moved over to let a faster car through, then as I followed he pulled back over in front of me. Must have missed him by less than a foot.

There was also a Porsche that wouldn't move over for me for love nor money.

Good trip though, and I think I can say I'm getting about half of it right now. My last lap was of course by far my best ever, and I wanted to do some more but really had to leave. Bit of a shame for Ben, good to meet Rawhide, but where were all the other people that were meant to be going?

Dave
Old 07-03-2006, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by GTFCTIM,Jun 30 2006, 12:04 AM
Spotted this on Thursday afternoon 16:30 (17:30 German time).

Anyone

That's me (Carl) & Kirstie. We were on a last minute trip to Europe and I managed to negotiate a stop over near the nurburgring.

Met up with Ben, Elspeth & Andy on Thursday, which included a lap with Ben in his S2000. A huge thanks to Ben - who has a fantastic knowledge of the circuit!

Managed to do 2 laps in my car, bringing the grand total to 3. Hardly what you'd call experienced, but had a fantastic time all the same.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Kobe,Jul 2 2006, 10:58 AM
I think that is Rawhide.. we were trying to go out as a small group.. and just as we got through the barrier they closed the track.. so he was left behind and had to turn around.

how do you manage to spot these tim??

the other silver one with the soft top up.. had some rather hideous wheels that hardly fitted in the arches, so I was surprised to see him on the track.

the orange barchetta.. was very quick (didn't sound standard)..passed us all.. driven by an old nutter.
Great trip! Good to meet some fellow S2k owners as well

Kobe - that wasn't me in the pic. I was stuck ON the ring when it was closed. Myself and a guy in a Holden Monara (6.0 and 380hp) were the only cars on the track by the cone area.

When they opened the ring again it was like a 'le mans start' to get our lids on and go. Suffice to say I managed to pass him on the hill of all places and pulled a good lead by the end of the lap which I was pleased with

Nobody else caught us up so the armada of 911's that I was expecting didn't happen

Sorry to dash off without any notice. I had an issue to deal with at home.

I still have two ring tickets left so a good excuse to go out again I think

Oh - and Kobe your car look SO much better in real life. I'm not usually a fan of modding but it looked really good. It got a lot of comments from my mates. Also on that lap when I followed you and the kit car I couldn't get the camera to work

However I do have a few laps recorded so if I can find somewhere to host it I'll post them up
Old 07-04-2006, 10:18 AM

Neil.. good to meet you, was going to have a further chat later on in the day - but I think you were on the mobile..

was this your first trip to the ring?
Old 07-05-2006, 01:12 AM

Hi Mate - I went to the ring about 6 weeks before. We were there for 4 days but it rained for most of it. Also it was the weekend when the two bikers were killed so the track was closed a lot of the time.

This time I've now done 32 laps in total. I can now remember the entire track in sections and I know where the corners go to. This has made a big difference to my confidence. I enjoyed this trip a lot more than the previous one.

I've stuck a vid on google and am waiting for it to be approved. I'm waiting for my mate to send me the tape from the onboard camera.

It's a real shame it didn't work when I was following you and the caterfield. That was a really fun lap

Quick Reply: Summer Ring Meet 2006 - 30/06/06 to 03/07/06