UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Suffolk Summer Meet (SSM)

Old 08-17-2010, 02:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey ZudZilla, I don't quite understand your post. Did you say you don't have a rotor for the meet? I have 2 good OEM rotors, and 1 brand new drilled, slotted you can borrow if needed. Just hit me up.

edit: Oh, I get it now. Your work schedule calls for you to work that weekend.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:13 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Um, ur, oh, um, now I'm confused!
Two groups? One labelled "Slow" - does that mean the other is quick.

I'm an IAM member (and also an Observer) so I cannot (and will not) break any red ringed speed limit. Saying that I normally make much more progress than those who always do 40 in a 30.

So does that put me in the "Slow" group or will I be on my own?

PS: Sorry Andy for putting you in the picnic group - TBH I found your post amusing so I thought I would join you.

Minvo !
(also very much hoping I get my V5 in time)
Old 08-18-2010, 01:38 AM

Received 79 Likes on 66 Posts

Minvo

I am a lapsed IAM driver, but my main reason for being slow is I have a nervous passenger so will not be hanging it out around bends etc. And yes I will observe speed limits in general for fear of getting a slap!!!

So I put myself up to lead a secound group of drivers who may not wish to push on quite as much. I am fairly familar with the area and in many cases would not need to resort to map reading etc. Many other meets in the past have had several groups of differing capabilites and speeds, but all ending up in the same locations via the same routes. For the ritual tyre kicking, photography, chatting, toilets, feeding and drinking etc etc

So its up to you Minvo, the slow group appears to have 2 participants at this time and you would make 3
Old 08-18-2010, 02:22 AM

Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts

tbh regardless of how hard people are driving it does make sense to split the groups into smaller more manageable sub-groups.
(it you've ever tried to get 9 cars to Italy you'd understand !).

and I expect we wont be more than a few minutes apart when we get to each stop - and always good for the faster ones to get ahead and grab the tables, car parking areas etc.

I'm happy to do a bit of VTECing along the way where conditions allow but dont want to attract too much attention from the notorious Suffolk plod, so speed limit is fine for me.

Anyone heading back towards London after up for a cruise along Soufend seafront on the way back (just kidding, I havn't got a big enough spoiler or loud enough ICE system !)

Old 08-18-2010, 02:30 AM

Hi Guys as I explained earlier in the topic, this is not a hoon of any sort, it will involve some spirited driving IF the conditions allow, this said I'm also not in the market for points/ban/generally annoying the locals (as I live here )

The intent for this meet is to enjoy the countryside, take in the local area and general have a good laugh with like minded S owners

My understanding of CHIPPO's position is that he knows the area and I'm glad to say eased my burden by volunteering to lead a group, and as CHIP explained he will be taking it easy.

For the group I lead, I intend to try and have a good paced run, by my prime concern is to ensure that both groups arrive in once piece and no-one get lost

I hope the resolves any misunderstanding…..

Rob
Old 08-18-2010, 02:44 AM

Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts

Rob

Any tunnels on the route

do you have such things in East Angila
Old 08-18-2010, 02:50 AM

[QUOTE=andy2000,Aug 18 2010, 02:44 AM] Rob

Any tunnels on the route
Old 08-19-2010, 01:30 AM

I say! I have just seen you chaps are arranging a meet in Suffolk and I feel I have no choice but to object without delay.

We, the Bentley Drivers Club (BDC) are also having a meet the same day and would politely ask that you cads driving imported non British motor vehicles stay well away from us chaps!

Thanking you in advance.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Bush Man,Aug 19 2010, 01:30 AM
I say! I have just seen you chaps are arranging a meet in Suffolk and I feel I have no choice but to object without delay.

We, the Bentley Drivers Club (BDC) are also having a meet the same day and would politely ask that you cads driving imported non British motor vehicles stay well away from us chaps!

Thanking you in advance.
Obviously, this is a Wah (a wind up!)
Old 08-19-2010, 03:05 AM

[QUOTE=GuinessTU,Aug 19 2010, 02:20 AM]Obviously, this is a Wah (a wind up!)

Quick Reply: Suffolk Summer Meet (SSM)