UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

South [of] London Run - Sunday 4th August *

Old 06-27-2013, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a look on the official website and you can download a bunch of pdfs that show the road closures. Looks like the only conflict is on the way back up toward Dorking so I've changed it on the map if you want to check it out. Looks like there is two cycle races during the day so they might be closed for quite some time. Can tweak nearer the time once it's clear what's off limits.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:19 AM

I'm in. I live in Guildford so I can meet you guys at a checkpoint. It looks like your route come straight off A3 in to Burpham Sainsbury's? If so I will meet you there.

Cheers
Old 07-26-2013, 11:29 PM

Is this still on?
Old 07-29-2013, 06:31 AM

Hi guys,

Is this still on?

I'll be in Guildford on this day, where in Guildford shall we meet?

Any ideas on the route?
Old 07-30-2013, 12:08 PM

Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts

If anyone is still up for this I'm in. Sainsburys Burpham. what time ?

where is everyone
Old 07-30-2013, 12:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle
If I can make it I'll come
Yuk !

Lol
Old 07-30-2013, 12:52 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

I think there's a breakfast club at Goodwood on that day. Might impact on the cars around at that time of the day, especially near Guildford, plus you can be sure the speed traps will be in operation.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:34 AM

Hi strobinson1,

Looking forward to this drive with Team S2KUK

A few suggestions for the route:

1. Guildford Meeting point: HALFORD'S SIDE, Ladymead Retail Park, Europa Park Road,Guildford,Surrey,GU1 1AJ . SAT NAV Does not seem to like the post code for the Sainsbury's in Burpham so to avoid people not being able to find the meeting point, I propose for us to meet at the Ladymead Retail Park (HALFORDS SIDE)

2. Change the end destination to Ladymead Retail Park, Europa Park Road,Guildford,Surrey,GU1 1AJ (BACK WHERE WE MET). So instead of turning right at the roundabout at York Road (Guildford town centre) go straight across through Sport's Ground until we get to the Retail park. We can all round up there at the end for a quick chat and goodbye's.

3. I personally would like to go through Hindhead tunnel "a number" of times I would go down A3, through the tunnel, straight after turn off and come back on yourself and go through again, then come back on yourself again and head back southbound to go through AGAIN. HAHA so three times in total, then we can continue the route as planned.

This should make the start and meet points easy to find so that no one gets lost and plenty of space to park.

I also suggest that people download the Walkie Talkie application "ZELLO" on your Smartphones. Fantastic app, just hold down the middle circle till it glows red and speak just like a walkie talkie!

I have created a group called "S2K Surrey Sunday Run". Please add yourself to the group. If people can do this prior to the event, it will help save time and save people from getting split up at traffic lights etc!
Old 07-31-2013, 09:37 AM

I'm not sure at this stage, but will try to make an appearance!!
Old 07-31-2013, 10:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im not going to make it, will be doing some prep work on my car for abingdon next week.

Quick Reply: South [of] London Run - Sunday 4th August *