UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

S2KI Trackday- Rockingham Sunday 20th May

Old 06-14-2007, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lower,May 25 2007, 02:59 PM
you're the person chilled spent about an hour looking for to apologise for cutting you up on a corner. That was just before he then went looking for mirren to apologise for putting him into the kitty litter
I'm getting slightly worried about the Nurburgring Trip. Maybe I'll let Chilled go ahead of me...

Ooh, and a
Old 06-14-2007, 11:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just been watching PJL and Lovegroova's respective youtube videos of the track day - there's just a little difference in car body roll... It also appears that Peter scared away everyone else for his first lap.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Paper Lawyer,Jun 15 2007, 07:28 AM
It also appears that Peter scared away everyone else for his first lap.
The cones looked pretty scared too!

Great video Peter. Any chance of getting hold of the one in the afternoon which had a shot of me sliding around the 2 last hairpin before the start/finish "curve"?

Please!
Old 06-15-2007, 12:03 AM
PJL

Thanks guys
The Cones manouvre was a classic - swerved right through them & missed them all (as you will next time round !)

The other Video is in 2 Parts & still downloading with Youtube

I'll post it later today

Cheers
Peter
Old 06-15-2007, 02:14 AM
JG

Anyone watch Fifth Gear on Monday. They had Plato in a Ford GT and Tiffnay Dell in a Formula Ford going round Rockingham, episode not yet available on:
http://www.finalgear.com/shows/fifthgear/
Old 06-15-2007, 03:06 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by PJL,Jun 15 2007, 09:03 AM
Thanks guys
The Cones manouvre was a classic - swerved right through them & missed them all (as you will next time round !)

The other Video is in 2 Parts & still downloading with Youtube

I'll post it later today

Cheers
Peter
I remember that. I was the car in front as you went into the 'cone' corner and on a cool down lap so was trying to get out of the way. You followed me into the corner and then went out through the cones and i thought i'd 'done a chilled' and put you off the circuit
Old 06-15-2007, 03:21 AM
JG

Originally Posted by lower,Jun 15 2007, 12:06 PM
You followed me into the corner and then went out through the cones and i thought i'd 'done a chilled' and put you off the circuit
I thought for one moment the car in front was me, couldn't quite make out the reg or colour, and I was then wondering whether PJL's hand gesture was a "thank you" or a shaken fist
Old 06-15-2007, 03:30 AM
PJL

I can asure thare no fist-shaking - this is all good clean fun
Cheers guys
P
Old 06-17-2007, 12:00 PM

Just found your video on You-Tube Peter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGUqjBuiAWc...related&search=

You did capture that slide as you came up behind me on a warm down lap, around 3.25 on the clip.

It does not look that "heroic" on the clip. Due to the camera angle you can hardly see the back end out at all, until it snaps back in.

Oh and sorry for not getting out the way earlier on the straight... I think me and Rich were too busy laughing to ourselves!
Old 06-17-2007, 12:25 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by CiderBoy,Jun 17 2007, 09:00 PM
It does not look that "heroic" on the clip. Due to the camera angle you can hardly see the back end out at all, until it snaps back in.

Oh and sorry for not getting out the way earlier on the straight... I think me and Rich were too busy laughing to ourselves!
I was impressed with the slide from inside the car and it looks very smooth and controlled in Peter's video. I like going out as a passenger, its a great laugh

There was something about the surface at Rockingham that meant that it was quite grippy but very progressive when you wanted to hang the back end out or do a whole lap without using the brakes.

With hindsight, i'm quite annoyed that my discs weren't really up to the track. I didn't get the chance to get stuck in and enjoy the circuit as much as i wanted to. Need to go there again!

Quick Reply: S2KI Trackday- Rockingham Sunday 20th May