UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

S2KI Trackday- Rockingham Sunday 20th May

Old 05-20-2007, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great pics Rich

Where are the real ones?
Old 05-20-2007, 01:12 PM

Great day, with great people and a brillant circuit thank you for organising the event Rich, and thanks to Trackday for putting together such a great day.

Margaret and I really enjoyed the track sessions and wet grip and hope we did not hold you guys up for too long.

Nice to put more faces to names and posted names(if only I could remember who was which) a couple of people did suggest name tags.....

I'm downloading the Photo's now and will put a link to an Album of the day...

marks out of 10...12

Old 05-20-2007, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Vixen,May 20 2007, 01:12 PM
Great pics Rich

Where are the real ones?

i forgot
Old 05-21-2007, 12:17 AM

I'm still waiting to see real photos
Old 05-21-2007, 12:26 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi all,

Was a good day i thought, despite Jonny embarrassing me in the briefing . Jonny did say afterwards that they really do appreciate our business and he was really pleased that we'd got so many s2k's to Rockingham which was previously a circuit that had had a bit of an unjustified bad reputation.

I thoroughly enjoyed the day though my discs weren't up to the day. The started rumbling when i had my session of tuition which was right after the sighting laps. They made it though till mid afternoon and then this happened

they were spoon discs that had had a bit of use and already had quite a few cracks that had started to propagate from the holes. I knew they weren't in the best state but i didn't expect this to happen.

The crack must have happened whilst i was on the track because i had about a lap where it felt like there was a flap of tyre loose. The disc then got hot, the crack must have closed up, the brakes felt ok and i had a good session.

Got back to the pits, looked at the disc, saw a bit crack on one side, heard a metalic 'ting' and looked down to see it had cracked on the other side too. That was the end of my track time except of the wet grip that i really enjoyed and passenger rides with Craig and Nick that i also really enjoyed.

It was interesting to go out in craig's car which felt very different from standard. Definately quicker in a straight line, and less slidey that a standard S. Then i went out with Nick who proceeded to drift round most of the circuit

Overall i really enjoyed the track and will definately go back at some point.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:33 AM

Thats bad did you have to flatbed home?
Old 05-21-2007, 12:40 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Vixen,May 21 2007, 09:33 AM
Thats bad did you have to flatbed home?
no, the crack wasn't quite so bad until i took the wheel off last night tos swap discs. As soon as the clamping force on the disc came off the crack spread quite a lot.

I drove home without any problems. In normal braking i couldn't feel the crack, it was only when i started braking at track speeds that the crack made itself known. Luckily i only live 30 mins from Rockingham anyway.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thoroughly enjoyed the circuit, much to my surprise. Thanks for the tips Richard whilst you passengered in my car (a different final drive is better than all this expensive intake, header etc rubbish, I'm sure). I'm in two minds whether to get the Ferodo pads now. Part of me thinks, "just buy a BBK" but, to be honest, brake ducting may be a better (and cheaper) solution and I felt my tyres overheat before my Porterfield pads did (Note to self: stop braking gently).

Car is having its service as I type this - hopefully no problems!
Old 05-21-2007, 12:47 AM

Great fun, well organised (Rich) and I really like the track.

First time on a track day with my S2 so was a little cautious By the end of it though I really did have a feel for the car and it's abilities.

Didn't get to speak to many of you, but I am sure there will be other times.

Hope you all got home ok and the damage assessment on your cars isn't too bad

Laters James
Old 05-21-2007, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by lower,May 21 2007, 09:40 AM
no, the crack wasn't quite so bad until i took the wheel off last night tos swap discs. As soon as the clamping force on the disc came off the crack spread quite a lot.

I drove home without any problems. In normal braking i couldn't feel the crack, it was only when i started braking at track speeds that the crack made itself known. Luckily i only live 30 mins from Rockingham anyway.

Glad you got home ok

Quick Reply: S2KI Trackday- Rockingham Sunday 20th May