UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

S2KI Trackday- Rockingham Sunday 20th May

Old 05-11-2007, 12:00 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm liking the look of that big style.

Wall is a bit close, but then your only really flooring it round the banking or in a straight line so the car shouldn't be on edge. That chicane looks fast and it looks like you can straightline it. I guess the inside wheels are lightly loaded so you can take a load of kerb.

Otherwise the circuit looks like it really flows and there's plenty of run off.

Brakes are going to take a bit of a beating.

Who wants to start a sweepstake at what point i get my discs red hot again
Old 05-12-2007, 02:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lower,May 11 2007, 08:00 PM
Brakes are going to take a bit of a beating.
I agree!

I checked my front pads this morning and they are 60% worn. Do you think that they will last a day at Rockingham. I doubt it somehow.

Which leaves me in a quandry. Do I risk getting hold of Mark's Ferodos on Sunday or get hold of some beforehand.

I guess getting spare OEM fronts for fitment on the day is not a good idea as I won't be able to bed them in on the track.

Since Novemeber I have got through a set of front tyres and 60% of the front pads...in the winter FFS! I had better check the rears ones too.

I was going to leave my tyres and kill them next weekend but given the recent weather and some entertaining moments I took the plunge and got 4 new S02s this morning, giving me a week to scrub them in.

Looking forward to the day now! Though hope it's dryish!

Nick
Old 05-12-2007, 03:25 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm in the same situation with my Front ferodo's. The rears are 50% worn too so i'm very tempted to replace all round.

Only problem is that there aren't any rear ferodo's in the country at the moment according to the importer.

You'd probably be alright fitting mark's ferodos on the day as you can bed them in veyr quickly.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So did I get the last set of DS2500's from balance?
Old 05-12-2007, 03:44 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

I have two full sets of partly worn OEM pads which I'll be bringing on the day in case of emergencies...
Old 05-13-2007, 02:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good, but do we get to do that fast chicane? The BTCC cars weren't doing that the other week. There's quite a few different layouts at Rockingham IIRC.

I got some Ferodos week before last from Balance. I've also got a brand new set of redstuffs if anybody needs something better than OEM on the day. Assuming the Ferodos turn out to be better I'll probably sell them anyway.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:20 AM

Good video. First part a bit samey, then it hotted up to the climax at the end.

Am so jealous of you lot. Was talking about it at the Surrey meet and thinking of coming to see you all put your cars through their paces but I am officiating at my grandson's birthday karting party at Rye House where Hamilton was discovered.

Has anyone on here ever organised a karting meet, or is that beneath the dignity of S2000 drivers?
Old 05-13-2007, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by Dembo,May 13 2007, 10:55 AM
Looks good, but do we get to do that fast chicane?
Pretty sure that is the same route will be taking around the circuit.

Reminds me of the chicane at the end of the back straight at Llandow....i.e. it's not really a chicane as you can pile straight through it.

It is there to slow you down though...for good reason!
Old 05-13-2007, 04:27 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Mistress Quickly,May 13 2007, 12:20 PM
Good video. First part a bit samey, then it hotted up to the climax at the end.

Am so jealous of you lot. Was talking about it at the Surrey meet and thinking of coming to see you all put your cars through their paces but I am officiating at my grandson's birthday karting party at Rye House where Hamilton was discovered.

Has anyone on here ever organised a karting meet, or is that beneath the dignity of S2000 drivers?
A few folk have got together for birthdays and so on. One 'open' day almost happened a while ago. If you want to organise it, I'm sure there'll be takers
Old 05-13-2007, 11:00 AM
JG

Originally Posted by Dembo,May 13 2007, 11:55 AM
Looks good, but do we get to do that fast chicane? The BTCC cars weren't doing that the other week. There's quite a few different layouts at Rockingham IIRC.
Last time I asked Jonny he said bookatrack use the full International circuit, so that includes the chicane and also the pif-paf chicane, this is the route shown in the vid so that's what we'll be doing next weekend, let's hope for a weekend that's a little drier.

Stainless steel hoses and uprated brake fluid just done today, so I'm ready to Rockingham an' Roll!

Quick Reply: S2KI Trackday- Rockingham Sunday 20th May