Old 03-02-2009, 02:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gratuitious car shot:

Old 03-02-2009, 02:29 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Bookatrack,Mar 2 2009, 10:38 AM
note your comments about the circuit config Rich - hadn't considered the implications on brakes.

if/when the club return to Rock i'll make sure we're using the ISSCC instead.

Jonny
BaT
Jonny,

That's a good idea, if possible, it'd be great to do the ISSCC but include the full Pif Paf part as well. That would be a brilliant S2000/road car circuit.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

awesome day, cheers to everyone who was there. Was the first time I'd driven there and after being a bit annoying in the morning at my lack of driving talent in the slippery conditions I was relieved when it started to dry up and got tuition which made an unbelievable difference.

Cheers to Rich for coming out and checking my lines, have taken on board what you said and hope to build more confidence in the car so I don't brake to much into a corner, though my brakes were piss poor with the vibrations. Funnily enough I went out for half an hour on my last session just backing off way before the 3 big braking points and after a while the brakes sorted themselves out and were perfect all the way home without a hint of judder. I think Demobo said that it may improve after a good few heat cycles and you were right mate so am gonna do that in my first session each time from now on.

Thought the organisation was excellent as ever and really good track ettiquiette from pretty much everyone all day. Good to see those supra's out with some good driving, just wish I'd had chance to go over to chat with them.

When's the next one?
Old 03-02-2009, 02:42 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ninjadave,Mar 2 2009, 11:36 AM
though my brakes were piss poor with the vibrations. Funnily enough I went out for half an hour on my last session just backing off way before the 3 big braking points and after a while the brakes sorted themselves out and were perfect all the way home without a hint of judder. I think Demobo said that it may improve after a good few heat cycles and you were right mate so am gonna do that in my first session each time from now on.

Must have been pad adhesion rather than warping then.

Hopefully they'll stay that way!
Old 03-02-2009, 02:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I hope so to other wise the money I'd been putting away for a lttle cheap track toy would be immediately spent on a dixcel set up and some of those rather lovely look toyo 888's with a lot of hassle from the other half.
Haven't checked to see if some of my lairy sideways moments were caught on camera and put on the BAT site as i know she'll be looking but haven't had a nasty text yet so looks like i'm in the clear. Lol
Old 03-02-2009, 02:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of the best track days for me so far.

Well organised, generally courteous driving and a good circuit layout.

I'd echo Fieldl's thoughts above. Although I didn't know what all the fuss about when he decided to undertake 2 cars on the hairpin at the end of the straight.

I forgot to leave a piece of the car at the track
Old 03-02-2009, 03:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Happy s2ki birthday, Rich
Old 03-02-2009, 03:17 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

[QUOTE=Paper Lawyer,Mar 1 2009, 10:14 PM]However, Rich would have missed out my demonstration of avoiding opposite lock in wet conditions
Old 03-02-2009, 03:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lower,Mar 2 2009, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by paper lawyer at Rockingham
they'll be none of that opposite lock business on my watch
Second flying lap- Paper Lawyer exists Yentwood with a bit too much right foot, gets a slide going and spins.
The irony is that it felt like it would be quicker to get out and walk Thank goodness the sun eventually came out and the track dried sufficiently that we could lean on the Caterham's tyres
Old 03-02-2009, 05:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Simon W,Mar 2 2009, 08:45 AM] A really great day at Rockingham. It was the first time I had been there, and I had heard some stories beforehand about it being too technical and not as much fun as more traditional tracks, but I loved it! The R888s got a good workout yesterday. Rather too good a workout at one point as I spun in the chicane and went backwards onto the grass, having gone in too fast, in the wrong gear. That taught me! The yellow S2000 that found the wall had nearly been sent home before even the sighting laps, for doing doughnuts in the paddock (near the room where the briefing had just been given!).

Quick Reply: S2Ki Trackday- Rockingham Sunday 1st March 2009