UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

S2Ki Trackday- Rockingham Sunday 1st March 2009

Old 02-28-2009, 02:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't realise it was a S2ki day
Be good to see you all tomorrow, excited. First day out this year.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:32 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Had a good day today, and saw the Muttlys on my way home.

Still having problems with the rear brakes - lots of pad wear on the track (and I now have "anthracite" wheels) but still getting very hot, even with no usage.

I'd really appreciate some technical advice/help if anyone woiuld be so kind?

Thanks all
Old 02-28-2009, 12:40 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Got any tools simon?

I can bring my jack and brake strip down tools if you want and have a look tomorrow.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We shall have to compare. If yours are much hotter than mine after a session, then that would certainly suggest something is wrong.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ninjadave,Feb 27 2009, 07:11 AM
Alright shawn, i'm going down from Notts like yourself if you fancy either driving there or back together. Same for anyone else if they are from the notts area, there's some awesome roads on the way if you go through melton mowbray which will hopefully be nice a quiet.

Anyone know where the nearest Shell filling station is to the track?
Hey, it would be great driving there together.... i actually sent you a msg to you on your phone before i saw your post here....

Is it not convinient for you to go to the Shell in Lace Market area?
Old 02-28-2009, 01:17 PM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Originally Posted by lower,Feb 28 2009, 09:40 PM
Got any tools simon?

I can bring my jack and brake strip down tools if you want and have a look tomorrow.
I have a jack, socket set, and tool kit with chisels for windback in the car already, but if there's anything else that makes it easier, the yes please. (Much of this was thanks to your advice in my thread before Xmas, so thanks)

Dembo,

The rears are getting hot even with no actual use. Lots of juddering and very high wear today. Fronts seem very good.

Either both calipers are knackered, or the wind back wasn't done properly, or maybe it's Hypersonik's handbrake tip.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:20 PM

Sounds like you have all the necessary. We'll get the wheels off and have a look during the sighting laps.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:25 PM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Rich, thank you very much indeed.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:57 AM

Another great day. Wet and slippery first thing but my assurances of good weather proved correct when the sun came out and the track dried quickly

A few stoppages this time. A yellow S2k managed to find one of the few walls in the infield. I didn't see the incident or the car so no idea of the damage. Otherwise is was mechanical breakdowns or a couple of cars in the gravel.

Enjoyed seeing the usual suspects and meeting some new people. Particularly enjoyed the passenger ride with Ninjadave who had the lines around the circuit pretty nailed and also big thanks to Bachi for letting me have a go in his atom. I now know what its must be like on the enterprise when they engage warp speed! That is some serious acceleration!

Last but not least, thanks to Pip for breaking Bat2 and therefore getting us upgraded into the new R300 race car. Really enjoyed the last couple of sessions in that car. Pip, i need you to hire a batcat at every trackday i go to as it guarantees an upgrade! Exactly the same thing happened last year

Craig, hope i didn't scare you too much with the few 'moments' in the wet first thing

I just don't seem to be getting bored of trackdays........
Old 03-01-2009, 10:39 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

A really good day.

Firstly, huge thanks to Rich (Lower) and Dave (Dembo) for their assistance with my brakes, especially to Rich for the impromptu "how to change your rear brake pads" lesson, watched by an audience of thousands (well ok, four).

The problem with my rears seems to be related to the pads, as swapping the Dixcels for the worn OEM items seems to have fixed the problem. As I now have a brake warning light, I guess I'll need to try the Dixcels again tomorrow.

The track was very slippy for the first session so it was a case of taking things easy, and then by late-morning, the track began to dry out and the real fun began.

The afternoon was sunny and almost warm, and I had a superb few sessions, I hope plastic91 enjoyed the passenger ride

Again, huge thanks, this time to Bachi for trusting me with the Atom, all I can say is that is way too fast for me, I think I need it for a few days to get used to it To give some perspective, it accelerates in 6th gear like an S2000 does in 2nd. Chucking it hard into corners is something best left for more talented drivers than me.

Apologies to the Supra I held up whilst driving the Atom.

Talking of Supras, Steve, if you're reading this, you and your Japanese Turbo Nutter Barge driving mates all drove really well as far as I could see, excellent manners and patience whilst waiting for this S2000 driver to get out of the way

I had a great pax rides with Dembo in his S2000, which was a lot of fun - interesting to see how differently a reasonably modified S2000 drove to my virtually stock item - and Lower in the Caterham at the end of the day, a lovely way to finish a long weekend of driving.

Roll on Spa and then the next S2000 day...

Quick Reply: S2Ki Trackday- Rockingham Sunday 1st March 2009