Did they give you a ticking off?
Old 09-19-2010, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anything it was that DC5 bit.

R888s are worth 7 seconds a lap then !
Old 09-19-2010, 12:31 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

They are worth quite a few seconds Si. I think it was LG who was noting corner speeds at Spa and it was several mph different beween OEM and semi slicks. IMO semi slicks introduce things like baffled sumps too though!
Old 09-19-2010, 12:36 PM

Yes they said it was my second offence

To be fair the session I done before, the white Integra out braked himself at one of the hairpins, I went round it instead of following him.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Si2k,Sep 19 2010, 06:32 PM
Who was it who had my old brake pads anyway? I didnt really put that many faces to names!

My rear wheels have white dust on and the fronts have brown dust on, looks wierd. I think I have blown a baffle out of the exhaust too as it sounds very different post-trackday to pre-trackday. I'm sure it had some abuse when it was on PJLs car so no wonder.
That would be me. Thanks for the helping out with that, they kept me goin, just not til the very end.
I had an awesome day! Think ill have to remember replacement pads for next time, maybe even upgrade the whole setup.
And as for the new tyres, they were better than i could have imagined, i had so much grip, never got any squeeling from them, they felt like i was on rails. Highly reccomended, although still untested in the wet properly.
I did have 1 little spin though when it started to rain a little but i out it down to the tyres being cold and me driving it as hard as i had been when they were sticky
Jay
Old 09-19-2010, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by MB,Sep 19 2010, 09:18 PM
I've got a decat if you're after one Dan? No OEM one. And empty your PM box you lazy bugger
Arse, want a standard cat tbh, can't be arsed swapping back for MOTs

I'll get round to paying my membership at some point, have more important things to buy at the moment
Old 09-20-2010, 12:22 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Ok mate
Old 09-20-2010, 01:04 AM

My car is too soft for semi-slicks too. I don't think I could have driven much quicker on the RE050As. 2:16 was my best lap from the vids.

Good luck with getting your oil leak fixed. Looks like we plugged a bigger leak over the weekend though!
Old 09-20-2010, 01:29 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Simon W,Sep 19 2010, 08:23 PM
Simon (Lovegroova)
Contrary to The Loon's suggestion I don't think you need instruction, having seen you out on track.
You are fast! It looks as though your new coilovers give you good handling.
I think 40 clicks of adjustment would be much too much for me.
I'm happy with 9 clicks. I'd get confused if I had more choice! Also I'm happier with my adjusters being on the top of the units, rather than underneath like on yours. Mind you, I do appreciate that the Gaz cost way less than the Bilsteins, so if you can get the performance you want for the price you want, then that's obviously very good. Some might say better.

Dave, we went out at first (PSS 9s as you know) on full hard front, and one less than that on the rear. Backed off later to one click less on the front and another click less on the rear. Then firmed up the rear to make it the same as the front, and finally full hard front and rear. That turned out to be favourite on the day for that track. This is only the second track day I've done with the Bilsteins and CG setup. My brother and I agreed that (in the end) full hard front and rear was best. A little nervous, very pointy, but ultimately that gave the best balance and control. It was that settting we were out on when you followed us for lap after lap at full chat. (Might I say that was one of the highlights of our day )
Simon, that's very kind, thank you

Instruction is always helpful IME, if only for a reminder of which lines to drive. There was an occasion early when I was following AE round, and I know we are of a similar pace, and we arrived at the chicane at the end of the banking. I took the line given by my instructor, and AE did exactly what I would have done pre-instruction. the result was that I took a good chunk out of the distance between us through the corner, and a lot more speed along the banking. This was nothing to do with talent, and was purely down to instruction - AE hadn't had his session at that point.

40 clicks is too many really, but I tend to work in sets of 4, so effectively it's 10 settings, although the change of just 2 clicks did make a good difference to the way the car drove.

I might try going with much hrader settings on another day, as I was only working around the halfway mark. I suspect that things might get a little too bumpy though!

Essentially, the day was a lot of fun, which is really the point, of course.

The BAT pics are quite interesting, as you can see how much roll different cars have.

Quick Reply: S2ki Trackday - Rockingham 18th September 2010