UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

S2ki Trackday - Oulton Park - Friday 1st March *

Old 03-01-2013, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you all had a good day! I got called out to Burnley to fix a VPN issue so I couldn't even have my half day off

Martin - glad the car ran well, when are the coilovers coming?!

Originally Posted by flybikeslee
Originally Posted by Montag' timestamp='1362172242' post='22373756
They all sounded great.

Did you see/hear that fourth gen (I think) white Civic? It had sponsor decals all over it and was the LOUDEST by far!
Yeah that guy is on the Westfield forum. B16A with forged internals and all cammed up. Races in the NSSCC (Team Pugwash).
Old 03-01-2013, 02:05 PM

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Video 1

M3 vs Polo

http://youtu.be/Q8bM_e66cHs

Video 2

Martin was VERY close to a crash with someone coming out the pit lane (2:40mins)

http://youtu.be/aFsHDImpioU
Old 03-01-2013, 02:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've seen (and heard) that old civic before. Last time was at croft for the 2012 VTEC Challenge. He was an 'invitational class' and I think he cleared up in both races!

It really does sound immense, massive vtec bwaaaahhhh effect eh

I wish I'd been there in my s2kip today. Looked like great weather and some interesting metal there.

Instead I did an entire lap of Tenerife in a a 5 door LHD manual Yaris!
Old 03-01-2013, 02:28 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Peter Dixon, really nice chap. He didnt clean up at Croft though it is very quick, and handy driver.

Will post up a bit more later, but great to see everyone.

I have to say, that was probably more red flags in one day than ive seen in a race season. Not good.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:49 PM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by MB
Peter Dixon, really nice chap. He didnt clean up at Croft though it is very quick, and handy driver.

Will post up a bit more later, but great to see everyone.

I have to say, that was probably more red flags in one day than ive seen in a race season. Not good.
You are so right on the red flags, the most I've ever seen, as you found yourself some folk only got in a warm up lap before they were out again, poor old martin seemed to get one nearly every time he went out, and Paul always seemed to manage 12 lap runs I think he must have kept going around the paddock
Old 03-01-2013, 04:13 PM

Red flags make sense TBH. Day was bright(ish) but track temp would have been cold and it would have been deceptive in terms of grip.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:40 PM

Great day folks. It was my first track day in the S2000 and it was so much fun. Loved the way it drove and its hooligan nature. Never got tired of hoofing it out of hislops, knickerbrook and lodge. Apart from uprating the brakes slightly to grooved & vented the rest of the car felt perfect.

True what's been mentioned about the red flags though. Quite a lot of break downs and "offs" throughout the day. That corrado was a strange one (never in all my years there seen someone go off on the back of Shell Oils corner ) Marshalls did a great job as usual getting everyone out back to the pits fast and the guy with the "whistly" dentures was on the tanoy letting everyone know the track would be open in minutes which it did

Big thanks to Steve and the team at Trackaction for putting on another superbly run day at a great price.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:01 PM
MB

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus
Red flags make sense TBH. Day was bright(ish) but track temp would have been cold and it would have been deceptive in terms of grip.
Mostly people getting carried away and far exceeding their limits. I think even the marhals were surprised.

Shame you didnt make it Ron!

Good to meet some new people yesterday, incl Trackaction Steve.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:04 PM
MB

Originally Posted by earl's_f20c
Had an absolute blast today; really lucky to have such generous people in our forum, thanks for the passenger rides P**l, Robin, Mark (sorry about the extra 80kg)

Here's me stroking my tangerine dream..

But got caught in the act by Mark
i liked that. You looked pretty smooth there too
Old 03-01-2013, 11:06 PM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus
I agree with you Ron, but running out of fuel on your 2nd lap and 1 or 2 fools Flashing lights to get people to move over.

The organizers Dealt with them very well and it was a top day,

I was there a few weeks early in much cooler conditions and the morning session had an ice on track warning there was 1 red flag all day,

Quick Reply: S2ki Trackday - Oulton Park - Friday 1st March *