Old 12-09-2008, 10:19 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Ah some good old abuse there
Old 12-09-2008, 10:56 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

[QUOTE=Captain_Liu,Dec 9 2008, 01:34 PM] You can stick with wotever golden or silver rules you like, at least half of the

track is corners,
Old 12-09-2008, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Simon, it's the internet, people get far too upset just by looking at it. Start a thread about cats sitting on soft tops to see
Old 12-09-2008, 11:10 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Thanks Danny, but it's a shame when stuff like this happens.

I don't want Captain_Liu to be put off coming to more S2k trackdays because of something like this.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:38 AM

While we have a short break in the flaming sessions I thought I'd chuck up some screenshots for the datalogger for the nerd^H^H^H^H...analytical types amongst us.

THis is a screen shot from data on a session later in the day.

I've overlaid the data with another trace I found on the web from a session at Donington from a guy in an M3 CSL just to provide some sort of comparison.

What it clearly shows is I'm stopping accelerating going into craners (That's where the two cross-eyes are on the graph). I've got reasonable mid corner speed in old hairpin and good drive out but I think the radius on the corner can be made larger. It looks like I might have been backing off slightly through the sweeping lefthander (where the bluebird is). Corner speed through Mcleans looks quite good but I'm slowing far too much for Coppice and need more corner speed although the drive out looks ok (the sun in the eyes was tricky though). Redgate could be done better and ona day where there is no ice on the left at the entrance that might be more doable. The speed on the straights and braking at the end could have been higher and harder but they're easier to do once the corners have been sussed.

The graph in the top right shows estimated power Vs RPM and the verdict is around 205HP at the wheels (241HP at flywheel for 85% efficiency in drivetrain). It's a corrected figure but I'm sure the cold weather helped here. Peak cornering g was about 1.15 in the old hairpin (Tyres are worn T1-R's on the front and half worn RE050 MZ's on the back).

Times? Don't know, don't care. (Not the point of the data logger).

BTW: I also learn't that I can fit to front tyres nice and cosily in the front seat

The front brakes didn't get too hot today, the heat haze cracking on the disks didn't get any worse (but I was being gentle on the brakes)...I do need to clean the grooves out!

Matt
Old 12-09-2008, 11:46 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Matt, are you the black or the red line?
Old 12-09-2008, 12:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Oh dear gents. It sounded nothing like the relaxed atmosphere at anglesey. If anyone seems upset or short changed after a Bat event then it must be because of some exceptional event since out of all the track days I've been to, i have never been as impressed with how professional and fair it's been run as by Jonny and his team.
From the write i am glad to have missed it due to a poorly clutch.
Can't ewait for the spring S2k trackday, any ideas on where yet? Rockingham or somewhere new?
Old 12-09-2008, 12:31 PM

Matt that's hugely cool

Dave I've only been on a few no BaT track days and basically I have no reason to go on any other. I have to go so far for a track day that I need somoene I can rely on to help make my day as good as possible and so far, Jonny and all the people at BaT have achieved that in spades which means this day was definitely unusual .
Old 12-09-2008, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by lovegroova,Dec 9 2008, 08:46 PM
Matt, are you the black or the red line?
Whoops! I'm the black line (I could have sworn I'd put that in the post on the first line....)
Old 12-09-2008, 01:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boab01,Dec 9 2008, 06:49 PM
Cool, wouldn't actually be sleeping in the Camper van just making tea and lunch etc. which is good because I'm told you snore like a pig with addenoids.

One of the days would have to be the R400 as well so that we can actually both sit in the car and get a little oversteer!

or you could go on a diet :b
The day I go on a diet is the day you're lighter than me. So I'm pretty safe there

And because I don't live in the arse end of nowhere I'd be travelling to whereever on the day so you won't have to put up with sleeping next to a rhinoceros.

Quick Reply: S2Ki Trackday - Donington 7th December