UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

S2Ki Trackday - Donington 7th December

Old 12-08-2008, 01:57 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ge2,Dec 8 2008, 07:47 AM
I forgot to thank MarkB for making me feel sick in the Exige
Likewise.

Thanks Mark for the cracking few laps we got, very well driven too.

Volounteering to passenger in an Exige on semi-slicks with a hangover is probably not up their with some of my better ideas.

A cup of tea settled me down though and lunch remained where it was supposed to be.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Originally Posted by lovegroova,Dec 7 2008, 12:00 PM
A good day overall, and great fun once the ice melted.

It was good to see you all again, and to finally meet Bada. I enjoyed chauffeuring MQ, Sazzy, and PaulF, I hope you guys enjoyed it as well.

Shame about some of the on-track behaviour with folks not moving over (Silver Clio, VW Van, 350Z & Silver S2000, others) which was very frustrating.

Special thanks to MarkB for the kind garage share (and to the Muttleys for their kind offer of "stuff" storage.

Thanks again to Rich for organising.

Looking forward to the next one
Exuse me, mine and Koing's s2000 were parked in the same pit garage with the black 350z, i think you are refering to one of us or both and the 350z, I'm sorry if I had made you frustrated, but there was no intention of blocking anyone, we were checking the rear mirrow all the time and moved out of the way when it was safe and we felt the car behind is on a faster pace. Which one were you?

Also I just talked to my friend driving the 350z yesterday, he was with Dixon in this car almost all the time, and his speed was alright and rarely see car overpast him or behind and gave way very quickly when he saw one, I dont really know wot you are on about really, or you just want to say you were too fast for everyone?
Old 12-08-2008, 02:26 AM

Big thank you Lovegroova for the passenger ride, was fantastic, I did find myself grabbing the door handle quite tightly but you are great driver and I loved it.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:53 AM

I moved out every single time when it was safe for both me and the person behind me. I have no ego and well aware of my driving skills (complete track beginner)

If someone is behind I move out when it's safe. I have no issue at all with this. Better for me and the person behind me that I moved away to let them go faster.

I passed about 6 cars and was well pleased with myself!

Koing
Old 12-08-2008, 09:16 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Guys, don't get to hung up about the holding people up comments.

I'm sure that the silver VW would have said i was holding him up at times. I wasn't, i just wasn't willing to let him past as there was someone holding me up. As soon as i was released i left him for dust

Unfortunately, everyone wanted to make the most of the very limited tracktime so everyone wanted to be on track at the same time.

That meant it was busy, and because it was busy the faster cars were getting stuck behind a series of slower cars who in turn were stuck behind another slower car and because the straights were icy and under yellow flag conditions there weren't many places were you could safely overtake.

What normally happens is that there is much more space on track and as long as people are considerate it all sort of shakes out right.

On a normal day, everything would have been very different.

I've started taking to Jonny about a S2ki trackday in April/May next year and i'm sure that normal service will resume and hopefully we'll see some of the new recruits there
Old 12-08-2008, 09:36 AM

I'll definitely be back again.
Sorry I didn't get a chance to say hello to that many of you, I spent every second possible out on the track

Hopefully next time will free of the angry Porsche element
Old 12-08-2008, 10:03 AM

what a day - see Lee's post. . Not sure I would bother doing a track day in Dec/Jan again. Mike and me experienced a similar situation at Oulton 12 months ago, although the owners appear far better organised at dealing with ice problems (they had large heated fans out).

First time I have seen a fuel/heat haze on the underside of a car though.

Sorry I only briefly chatted to a few of you - although a real thanks goes to the person who turned his back on me when I went over for a chat
Old 12-08-2008, 10:25 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

[QUOTE=Captain_Liu,Dec 8 2008, 11:10 AM] Exuse me, mine and Koing's s2000 were parked in the same pit garage with the black 350z, i think you are refering to one of us or both and the 350z,
Old 12-08-2008, 11:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Originally Posted by MarkB,Dec 8 2008, 01:33 AM
Nice to see faces old and new, I really should get to more S2Ki trackdays.

Weather was a downer, I knew as I scraped the ice off the Exige in Kegworth at 7.30 it was going to be a late start, I didn't bargain for how late though.

And track manners weren't up to the usual BaT standard either, an awful lot of people with defective mirrors or Exige sized blind spots made for a frustrating afternoon really. The VW van, most of the Ferraris, the 350Z and silver S2k (who were hogging the middle lane on the M1 on the drive home I noticed) a couple of BaCats plus one or two others seemed determined not to look behind them. I imagine frustrations at the shortened day and the desire to see as much track time for the money meant people weren't as laid back as usual. Disappointing but nothing really the organisers could do, although Jonny seems to be in control of most things, I don't think he's established the hotline to the weather gods yet.

And the White Porsche driver was a cock, I'm only surprised he didn't take someone off earlier.
Sorry, which car were you driving mate?
Old 12-08-2008, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by jleroux,Dec 8 2008, 09:52 AM
It does frustrate me that we didn't get complaints about him on the day. Jo & Garrick in the pitlane noticed he was driving aggressively, black flagged him and told him to calm down.

Later on, after he'd more or less forced BAT5 off the track, I had about 5 or 6 people come up to me and say "he's been driving aggressively all day".
Jonny, I am one of those, with Marcus, who said that to you. We had assumed the marshalls had seen how he had been driving, and simply wanted to confirm for you that we agreed with your decision to send the man home. We had, ourselves, realised quite early on that he was someone to keep a wide berth of and so tried to do so if he was behind us, and had no personal reason to complain. Anyway, good decision, and I hope the driver of the batcat has recovered from the fright, which, as we saw the incident, must have been considerable.
Otherwise, we had a great day once the track had warmed up a bit, so thanks for persevering and getting the track people to allow us to have fun.
Regards
Simon

Quick Reply: S2Ki Trackday - Donington 7th December