UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

S2Ki Trackday - Donington 7th December

Old 12-07-2008, 10:47 PM
ge2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lower,Dec 7 2008, 10:13 PM
Graham, i thought coming in at 3.20ish would give you enough of a decent last session. I wasn't expecting the chequered flag at 3.30pm so sorry about that.
No worries, you weren't to know. Shame though, I was just getting into my stride and was building up to attack Craners properly

I forgot to thank MarkB for making me feel sick in the Exige
Old 12-07-2008, 11:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lovegroova,Dec 7 2008, 08:00 PM
A good day overall, and great fun once the ice melted.

It was good to see you all again, and to finally meet Bada. I enjoyed chauffeuring MQ, Sazzy, and PaulF, I hope you guys enjoyed it as well.

Shame about some of the on-track behaviour with folks not moving over (Silver Clio, VW Van, 350Z & Silver S2000, others) which was very frustrating.

Special thanks to MarkB for the kind garage share (and to the Muttleys for their kind offer of "stuff" storage.

Thanks again to Rich for organising.

Looking forward to the next one
Really enjoyed it thanks mate! I can't quite remember if I thanked you yesterday, when left you were trying to sort out Squeaks stereo. The Pax ride was much appreciated, opened my eyes to the capabilities of my car.

I really enjoyed the skating in the pit lane too

Also a big thanks to Dave for taking Wifey out, that'll make it easier to secure funding when I want to come out to play next year

Finally a big thanks to Mark B for the Exige laps, I managed to really enjoy it and not feel sick, unlike Bada who was a little green when he got out, but kept hold of his lunch!
Old 12-07-2008, 11:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to here about the frost this time of year Never mind always next time.
Glad you got some time on the track.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:33 AM

Nice to see faces old and new, I really should get to more S2Ki trackdays.

Weather was a downer, I knew as I scraped the ice off the Exige in Kegworth at 7.30 it was going to be a late start, I didn't bargain for how late though.

And track manners weren't up to the usual BaT standard either, an awful lot of people with defective mirrors or Exige sized blind spots made for a frustrating afternoon really. The VW van, most of the Ferraris, the 350Z and silver S2k (who were hogging the middle lane on the M1 on the drive home I noticed) a couple of BaCats plus one or two others seemed determined not to look behind them. I imagine frustrations at the shortened day and the desire to see as much track time for the money meant people weren't as laid back as usual. Disappointing but nothing really the organisers could do, although Jonny seems to be in control of most things, I don't think he's established the hotline to the weather gods yet.

And the White Porsche driver was a cock, I'm only surprised he didn't take someone off earlier.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:47 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Sounds like much cockage was present! Combe was a different kettle of fish, lots of good manners, but no S2kers

Mark, your presence is requested in Car Talk I have questions.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:52 AM

Just a quick note to say the white 911 GT2 was sent home - albeit about 10 minutes too late for BaT - Christmas at the BaT Cave is cancelled due to the damage sustained to BAT5 :-(

It does frustrate me that we didn't get complaints about him on the day. Jo & Garrick in the pitlane noticed he was driving aggressively, black flagged him and told him to calm down.

Later on, after he'd more or less forced BAT5 off the track, I had about 5 or 6 people come up to me and say "he's been driving aggressively all day".

Don't think of it as telling tales, think of as saving some the cost of a repair bill or worse still a hospital visit!

Jonny
BaT
Old 12-08-2008, 12:57 AM

I think on any other day someone (me, probably, or Rich) would have had a word with you.

But with the limited track time and the general feeling of it not being as laid back and self-policed as your days usually are I think most of us just wanted to get on and make the most of the time we had so let him by and stayed out of his way.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:16 AM

It was a tough day yesterday. Culminating in us getting recovered from Castle Donington due to a fuel leak. Thankfully we noticed before we leaked on the track, although as Johnny mentioned it might have helped de-ice it

Good to see some old faces. Sorry I didn't get to catch up with other people but it was a bit of a weird day.

Bad news to hear about BaT5 one of my concerns was just how people would drive when the track was opened. It was obvious that people were getting frustrated earlier and people will be people.

Ironically after mentally spending fortunes on new fuel tanks, swirl tanks etc etc it might be a few quid to fix...... just don't tell Nige

So Spa in March then ?
Old 12-08-2008, 01:33 AM

What an excitingly undulating track Donington is!

Thank you Simon for a short but very, very sweet pax ride. You are brilliant driver, now I know why I love being in pole position behind you on your Ricky runs. Wasn't nervous at all, usually I am a bad passenger. Was proud to be passengering with someone described by the main man there as 'good as gold'. Can't wait to drive it myself now.

(Keep grinning to myself about you saying, 'Steady on' when I gave you a thank-you hug and kiss.)
Old 12-08-2008, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by Fieldl,Dec 8 2008, 10:16 AM
It was a tough day yesterday. Culminating in us getting recovered from Castle Donington due to a fuel leak.
Wondered where you'd got to......

Quick Reply: S2Ki Trackday - Donington 7th December