UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

S2Ki Trackday - Donington 7th December

Old 12-06-2008, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See you all tomorrow just worked out that it might be a cold uncomfortable trip down.... Especially as the car is frozen already.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:53 AM

Another cracking day weatherwise for you... I'll definitely be asking Rich to book my summer holidays in future!

Hope you're all have a great time and I'll hopefully see you at the next one.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CiderBoy,Dec 7 2008, 02:53 PM
Another cracking day weatherwise for you...
Not so much.

Good couple of hours running in the afternoon though.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:10 AM

Very enjoyable once the dry line had appeared! Rather scary in the icy bits, some of which remained all day. All in all, good fun. Though not for the chap in the Capri who stuffed it into the wall at the end of his first lap.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:00 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

A good day overall, and great fun once the ice melted.

It was good to see you all again, and to finally meet Bada. I enjoyed chauffeuring MQ, Sazzy, and PaulF, I hope you guys enjoyed it as well.

Shame about some of the on-track behaviour with folks not moving over (Silver Clio, VW Van, 350Z & Silver S2000, others) which was very frustrating.

Special thanks to MarkB for the kind garage share (and to the Muttleys for their kind offer of "stuff" storage.

Thanks again to Rich for organising.

Looking forward to the next one
Old 12-07-2008, 11:10 AM

I agree a good day out and the first S2000 economy trackday! must of average about 30mph in the morning.

Turned into a cold but fun afternoon.

Thanks to Rich for all his hard work in organising!

See you at the next trackday
Old 12-07-2008, 11:42 AM
ge2

Quite a frustrating morning but I still had a good day.

It did give me another excuse to have a play with the Legacy on track, I don't want it to become a habit though. I feel like the car is goading me and it's going to end in tears

Shame about the Capri, I noticed it had the 'wrong' engine in it and was planning to blag a passenger ride, maybe it worked out for best

Had a rather exciting moment when a BatCat had a high speed off right in front of us, they were very lucky they weren't a few inches to the left when they hit the wall

Yet more appalling driving from a top of the range 911, I know it's wrong to generalise about owners but....

And of course the surprise meeting with Bada, that was quite surreal for some reason
Old 12-07-2008, 11:54 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Bugger, 2 things I wanted to see - the Legacy on track, and Bada
Old 12-07-2008, 01:07 PM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

I should also add a big thank you to Jonny for keeping the day running. Having half overheard his conversations with race control and the hard work he was putting in with them, I was mightily impressed
Old 12-07-2008, 01:13 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I think the word that best summarises this trackday is:

Wank.

The sun shone, but not enough to melt the frost that coated the track. The Donny marshalls said they'd never seen frost so thick coating the circuit.

So we got out on the track at 9.30 behind the instructors car and didn't get an open track until 1.30pm. It was touch and go as to whether the day could continue at all.

Then the chequered flag came out at 3.30pm.

The track was then rammed with people wanting to at least get some track time (understandably) so overall the worst trackday i've ever attended and i'm really sorry about the weather.

That's not to say it wasn't fun.

It was good catching up with everyone and meeting the hungover reprobates that made it from the Christmas do. Just a shame that we couldn't have made you feel really sick with a bit more track time

MarkB, thanks for the loan of the gloves. Graham, i thought coming in at 3.20ish would give you enough of a decent last session. I wasn't expecting the chequered flag at 3.30pm so sorry about that.

Nice to meet Matt in PJL's old car. Glad to see that you're even more of a nutter in the car than Peter was

Having boasted of how S2KI have never had a wet trackday yet and that record continuing, i can't believe that frost could have such an impact.

I bet the guy in the capri who punted the pitwall on the sighting laps was pretty embarrassed!

Quick Reply: S2Ki Trackday - Donington 7th December