UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

S2Ki Trackday - Anglesey Sunday 26th October

Old 11-12-2008, 01:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has taken me a while to sort out my in car video but have now uploaded a couple of clips.

My first time at Anglesey, it is a great track but in general would say I was struggling with grip more than anywhere else i've been. Whilst at Donington it seems you can take corners much faster than you think, Anglesey seemed to be the opposite. The only difference is I was on Goodyears this time, but I'm not sure that this is the reason - more the number of tight bends and hard to judge lines - understeer was the most common occurance however on say, rocket and the hairpin it seemed to be a balancing act between front and rear grip, at least with the great run off you could practice this sensation safely.

The most fun corner for me was the left hander after the 'straight' leading into Rocket, rear traction seemed to break often but with lots of fun resulting. In this clip are my best to attempts at recovery by trying to power out of it, not very graceful but made me grin. No spins all day either which was nice after the tyre wall excursion at Oulton in July.

In the afternoon I let some air out of my tyres and thought sod it to preserving my brake pads which were juddering & fadeing after 10mins (brakes int. OES), and just pushed on with some 15-20min sessions. Enjoyed this much more and as usual was out till the chequered flag, albeit with metal to metal on the front brakes. My better laps seemed quite consistant when played back on the camcoder here is one of them:

That will be the last of my track days for this year, the plan before the next one in 2009 is an alignment check/change and pad upgrade (Ferodo or Dixel), and if returning to Anglesey some tuition.

Gav
Old 11-12-2008, 10:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Howard gave me some tuition the following weekend round Anglesey.
Very worth while and completely different lines to everyone else!