UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

S2Ki Trackday - Anglesey Sunday 26th October

Old 10-27-2008, 01:29 PM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

I've just got home, having driven 240 Miles non-stop.

What a fantastic weekend. thanks to Rich for organising so well once again.

Started off at Shrewsbury on staurday morning where I met Nick (Ciderboy) and we had a 2-car convoy across the wilds of North Wales, thanks to GavB and Welshman for a very scenic route.

We met 2 of Nick's mates, Simon and Darren, at St Deiniol golf club whre we battled the gale force winds and rain to play what was a very enjoyable course.

Back the the Travelodge to try and dry everything out, met up with the rest of the S2000 crew and a pleasant meal was had.

Sunday morning and off to the track, which was still a bit damp, but was a good fun. A lesson with Howard to find out the lines and get some sage advice, and then slowly working out how to do it all throughout the day, slowly getting faster, aided by the track getting dryer.

Had some excellent runs in close proximity to Dembo, he was a little faster than me, but it was great to be driving with someone you know and trust.

I was lucky enough to do the extra day today. Beautiful sunny, but a bit cold and windy weather meant a dry track and continuing where I left off on Sunday. A different layout today, the Coastal circuit which meant the Corkscrew corner was now included. Without the long straight, the circuit was even easier on the brakes (mine are standard) and it was possible to do longer sessions than normal.

There was very little traffic so one could really get into a rhythm, lots of fun. I managed to get quicker throughout the day, although some attempted showboating at Rocket, resulted in an igonominius spin, all captured on video for your amusement.

I'll post up the vids videos tomorrow. Very tired now
Old 10-27-2008, 01:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope everyone's safe, I had to drive through an inch of hail settled on the road at one point! Atrocious weather. But home safe.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a great weekend thanks chaps.

A great drive with Simon on Saturday followed by playing golf in horizontal rain. The first 9 holes were fun, from then on the waterproofs were defeated and I finished the round like a drowned rat. Luckily my spirits were lifted by a par on the 18th to win the match for Simon and I against my two mates (Simon had done most of the hard work earlier in the round!).

Then on Sunday we awoke to find perfect track day weather. The track was great too. A superb surface and some fun corners. Have to admit to being very untidy and I think I need to either adjust my driving style or find some more front end grip from the Elise.

I also decided to get some instruction just before lunch, not something I've done before. That really screwed up any one who was near me as the guy had me throwing the car all over the place... I think he was intent on getting me to drift the Elise for an entire bend. Instead it meant I had two laps of pissing off anyone near me on the track (Mark even thought it was some one else driving my car!).

My two mates who came along really enjoyed themselves too. They will be back.

A big thanks to Rich again for sorting everything and good to meet a few new faces too.

And thanks also to James for the passenger lap. Great car!

And finally, I could not finish without a few pictures (by the way if any one has any photos/video with me in and are happy to share, then please do!).

Old 10-27-2008, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Stevo071077,Oct 27 2008, 05:43 PM
Wasn't too much of a problem though, my mate ran me to a series of garages in his Boxster until we found one open.
Was that the car with the damaged rear end? How did that happen.

I also have to say that on a day where the driving manners were very good, that Boxter had some appalling manners.

No where near a racing line for starters, but more frustrating was the general lack of courtesy. For example when I went out with James in his Caymen when came up behind him and then sat there for 5 laps until we decided to come in. After 4 laps he eventually decided to indicate and pulled over... whilst at the same time flooring it out of the hairpin all the way up into church.

Have a word with him for next time will you!

Old 10-27-2008, 02:50 PM
ge2

I got in about 9pm, I'm absolutely shattered.

Busy weekend for me, 3 races, a track day and 1000 road miles

I'm going to bed
Old 10-28-2008, 12:27 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevo071077,Oct 27 2008, 06:43 PM
That was me, though I hadn't broken down - I'd just taken fuel roulette a little too far. Wasn't too much of a problem though, my mate ran me to a series of garages in his Boxster until we found one open.
You must have got that sorted fairly quickly then or left a while before us.

Craig and i saw you stopped by the side of the road, went on the the next junction and turned around to see if we could help.

But by the time we got back around to you, you'd gone.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:32 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Cracking weekend for me. Really enjoyed it.

First time at Anglesey for me, and i'm glad to say i really enjoyed the circuit. It was fun to learn a new circuit and good to see the S2000's showing themselves in a good light.

No stoppages all day and overall very courteous driving standards with the exception of the boxster who seemed somewhat confused by the overtaking rules. I came up behind him and he carefully pulled over to the left to let me by but indicated right! Unsurprisingly, seeing as i didn't have a clue what he wanted me to do i didn't overtake at that point, only for him to do the same thing when we got round the next corner

We were lucky with the weather again. Generally dry, but bloody cold!

The layer of snow or hail on the road on the drive out of wales was entertaining too.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:10 AM

Great day

Nice to meet some forum members, good turn out of S2000's

Nick - thanks for a wild and very fun set of passenger laps in the Elise at the end of the day including you catching up and overtaking and Exige

Its a shame about the boxster, he was a right pillock on the track that and the load of Golf's who got thrown off the track for being right nobs in the morning I do like the way BAT run their events.

Here is a couple of photos and I will post some video later

Old 10-28-2008, 02:08 AM

Had another great day at Anglesey on Sunday. Sorry we had to rush off but Kathryn wasn't feeling too well .

Many thanks to -

James, for the ride in the Cayman - very impressive car!
Nick, for the entertaining laps in the Elise during the downpour; he's a handy wheelman you know
And good old Chilled - always a pleasure to pax with you matey

Might have a go myself in the Beemer next year .

Good to catch up with the old skool (Ian and Craig) who I'd not seen for ages

I'll post some pics tonight (tho nothing like the great pics posted so far )

Dave
Old 10-28-2008, 02:12 AM

Were there two new shape red civic type R's there?

Something driving school down the sides?

Come on-who's up for Jan?

Quick Reply: S2Ki Trackday - Anglesey Sunday 26th October