UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

S2Ki Trackday - Anglesey Sunday 26th October

Old 10-26-2008, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Were any of you guys in Bat 4?

If you were, I followed you round for a couple of laps, then you let me past, and you followed me round for a couple of laps.

I was in the silver audi s3
Old 10-26-2008, 01:39 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Ah thanks Ian, not one of us then?
Old 10-26-2008, 02:50 PM

[QUOTE=GavB,Oct 26 2008, 07:50 PM] All things considered the weather was great today. Just a few very short showers but with the wind and the sunshine the track dried very quickly. I particularly enjoyed the afternoon and finishing with the sun setting over the sea for the last session. I liked the circuit layout, and the masses of run off almost all round the circuit was confidence inspiring - even if my brake pads weren't! Didn't like the lack of a petrol station, I put 48 litres in in Bangor, that was a nervous 20 miles.

Great pics!!
Now I know what I have to look forward to when Im brave enuf to do a track day.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:40 AM

Looks a good day.

Did anyone speak to the guy in the E30 (the boystoys one in the above pic)?

Any of you do unofficial timing?

Bookatrack have a couple of Anglesey days in Jan-anyone fancy it?
Old 10-27-2008, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Johns999,Oct 26 2008, 01:08 PM
Were any of you guys in Bat 4?

If you were, I followed you round for a couple of laps, then you let me past, and you followed me round for a couple of laps.

I was in the silver audi s3
That was me Johns was impressed with the S3 tbh and was keen to get a pax lap as I've got a new one on order but thought it would have been a right cheeck asking a random geezer for a pax .
The track was easily better for a caterham than for something quite so heavy but it definitely aquitted itself well
Have you remapped yours or is it totally stock?
Old 10-27-2008, 04:37 AM

its completely stock, have been considering a remap , but not got round to it.

It was ok, but to be honest it was a boring car to drive on track, too easy. Its much more interesting on the road. It went faster than I was expecting though.

I would normally have been in my caterham, but the weather when I left manchester was dreadful, so I decided on the S3. I'll not bother tracking it again though.

You should have just come over and asked for a ride.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good weekend, but I'm wishing I'd done the extra day - the weather here at least is great. And the M6 was no fun at all getting home. I'm completely knackered today.

Who was broken down on the A55 on the way back? I felt guilty for not stopping, but with my petrol gauge on zero when I left the track I had my own problems . And I was doubly worried as it seem T-mobile don't think Angelsey is worth covering, so I couldn't have even called the AA.

I'd filled up at lunchtime; can't believe I got through a whole tank in just the afternoon.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:55 AM

Great weekend and many thanks to Rich for his usual high standard of organisation and thanks to Jonny and the Bookatrack team for a perfect day and not one red flag!!!

The circuit was amazing and Mrs Muttly and I had great fun putting another 180 track miles on the car and using one and half tanks of fuel!!

Great weekend with good company it's what makes S2KUK such a unique forum.

Come back to Brizzle the pretty way , Llanberis pass, Nant Gwynant, Harlech, Barmouth, Dolgellau, Machynlleth then Buylth Wells, Abegavenny, Monmouth, The Wye valley, Chepstow then over the bridge and home!
A trip of 230 miles and only 4 of them motorway.

The perfect way to end a good weekend!

See you all at Donington!!
Old 10-27-2008, 09:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dembo,Oct 27 2008, 05:11 AM
Who was broken down on the A55 on the way back?
That was me, though I hadn't broken down - I'd just taken fuel roulette a little too far. Wasn't too much of a problem though, my mate ran me to a series of garages in his Boxster until we found one open.

It was a running joke for us most of the day that Tony's daughter put a better show of driving on than him though it was his first time on a track.

It was an excellent track, I would have to go back and try Cadwell again before concluding whether it was better or not. I haven't had such a lasting buzz from doing a trackday since Cadwell, and Anglesey's a bit more accessible for us.

This was the first time using the Dixcels on track too - once they're up to temperature they're outstanding. There's a lot left on the pads but the brake pedal's quite soft now, though I haven't changed the fluid for a while.

Sounds like a good drive back for you muttly, I used to use some of those roads regularly a few years back.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stevo071077,Oct 27 2008, 06:43 PM
This was the first time using the Dixcels on track too - once they're up to temperature they're outstanding. There's a lot left on the pads but the brake pedal's quite soft now, though I haven't changed the fluid for a while.
Mine never seem to need much warming up.

You'll probably find they're just a little bit glazed. Mine were a bit "soft" once they'd cooled down at the end of the day, and grumbling a bit, but a few hard stops on the M56 and they were good as ever. But changing the fluid doesn't hurt.

Quick Reply: S2Ki Trackday - Anglesey Sunday 26th October