UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

S2Ki Trackday - Anglesey Sunday 26th October

Old 10-23-2008, 08:25 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Places still available at Donington in December if you fancy coming to that one?
Old 10-23-2008, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i know i had a look just now.
been watching peoples footage of the trackdays though and it looks like pretty scary stuff Knocked my confidence a bit to be honest
Old 10-23-2008, 11:16 AM

Passenger rides are free (no cost to turn up and watch / passenger ride), plus the Hire of a helmet (
Old 10-23-2008, 02:09 PM

Starlight
Thanks for your words of enthusiasm. but...... be in an s2k and not be in the driving seat??? I dont think so!! I really really want to do a track day but Im worried I will smack up my car. what top speed do you tend to get up to on the track? I might have ( not HAVE obviously as it could incriminate me),got up to nearly 140 on the road but that was pretty straight.
Hey are you going to the brizzle meet? If so when and where exactly is it? Im thinking of taking a trip up to meet you guys.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:26 PM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

The most I've managed was 125 at Bedford, some will have gone a bit quicker than that.

Here's a link to my youtube page, there's a few track day vids there, not too scary at all, even in the wet You can see how the overtaking works, all very polite so no need to worry about accidents.

http://uk.youtube.com/results?search_query...arch_type=&aq=f
Old 10-23-2008, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by lovegroova,Oct 23 2008, 10:26 PM
The most I've managed was 125 at Bedford, some will have gone a bit quicker than that.

Here's a link to my youtube page, there's a few track day vids there, not too scary at all, even in the wet You can see how the overtaking works, all very polite so no need to worry about accidents.
Lovegroova,
Thankyou so much!!!!
You have seriuosly made me want to do a track day again!!The footage ive seen before must have been fully hardcore. the links you gave me I could actually imagine doing, and it was really nice to se people overtaking and it ddnt seem to matter.
THANKS
big time! I REALLY want to do a track day now!
Old 10-23-2008, 03:34 PM

Check out the Bristol Meet thread, initial meet place agreed (Aust services), final decision on pub is about there, usually we meet at the start location around 7.15 then drive to a pub for food and chat
Old 10-23-2008, 03:44 PM

Thanks starlight
Will have to online search the way there, like aa routfefinder
Thanks
Do you know how many are going?
Old 10-23-2008, 11:25 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by zed2k,Oct 23 2008, 11:09 PM
Starlight
Thanks for your words of enthusiasm. but...... be in an s2k and not be in the driving seat??? I dont think so!! I really really want to do a track day but Im worried I will smack up my car. what top speed do you tend to get up to on the track? I might have ( not HAVE obviously as it could incriminate me),got up to nearly 140 on the road but that was pretty straight.
Hey are you going to the brizzle meet? If so when and where exactly is it? Im thinking of taking a trip up to meet you guys.
Zed, top speed isn't really what a trackday is about. Average speeds are somewhere between 60-90mph.

Smacked up cars on properly run trackdays are very, very rare.

I think i've seen about 3 wrecked cars in all the trackdays i've done (and i've done quite a few in the last 6 years. i'll have done 6 this year alone ) and all of them have been driven by idiots, were driving like idiots and only involved their own car.

If you start out by driving just like you do on the road and then gradually build up speed you'll be fine and you'll start to learn the limits of your car. Donington is a very good first time venue with plenty of run off and they'll be plenty of us around to passenger with you if you want some tips or guidance.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:17 AM

I going to have to polish my helmet I think, Nearly there!!!!!

Quick Reply: S2Ki Trackday - Anglesey Sunday 26th October