UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

S2Ki Trackday - Anglesey Sat 18th June 2011

Old 06-19-2011, 10:45 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by loftust
Originally Posted by lovegroova' timestamp='1308503595' post='20697981
My other vid, following Coolchris around for a couple of laps.

Interesting that you don't need go-faster gloves
Hairy palms absorb all the sweat
Old 06-19-2011, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drove all the way back with no front pads, the car wasn't happy, luckly I had new rears on. Fortunately everything was fine.

Note for my next track day - new pads and bring spares.

Perhaps that track is particularly hard on brakes? Being my first track day I wouldn't know.

Had a great day though and nice to meet new people and see the familiar faces aswell. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Originally Posted by lovegroova
Really great day, good to see faces old and new.

Fabulous weather once again, with the S2Ki weather gods smiling upon us.

Had a lot of fun going on, and giving passenger rides, I hope you all enjoyed those.

The day all went well until I approached the first speed bump on the exit road, cue loud graunching from the front brakes.

A quick inspection revealed not much pad left on the fronts, so (with huge thanks to Dave and Nigel for tools and mechanical assistance) we got the front wheels off and removed the pads. Here's the inside front left:

Oops.

Fortunately, I'd brought some spares along with me, so a quick change and off Dave and I went. The cross country route, with thanks to Welshman, (A5, B4501, B4391, B4396, B4393, A458, A5 again at Shrewsbury) was utterly brilliant, despite a couple of rain showers.

260 miles so far out of one tank, with 4 bars left.

This sort of day reminds me how utterly brilliant the S2000 is. Thrashed all day round the circuit, then a long drive home and not a beat missed.

Also worth reporting that since the timing chain was replaced, the car's hardly used any oil, including today

Very tired now

Got some great video footage of MB and CoolChris which will appear sometime soon-ish.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by loftust
Interesting that you don't need go-faster gloves
All about the feel mate .

Thanks for posting the vid Simon, certainly some of my better laps. (my cam had died unfortunately )

Anyway, great weekend! Just got back from Bangor (car survived the night )) A Fantastic track and group of guys to share it with. + the scorching weather!!

Apologies if I missed any of you before you shot off as I was collecting my photos from the club house. Will aim to post up asap once I have got over this god awful gin hangover.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:14 PM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

It's generally better to get some longer lasting pads for trackdays, despite my experience with this particular set.

I've driven home with no rear pads, so it's very much a case of "lesson learned".

Glad you had a good time and want to do it again
Old 06-19-2011, 02:00 PM

What a day!

Yesterday was the most enjoyable track experience i've had so far. There was a great variety of cars on track all day, the weather was fantastic and my car was faultless all day.

It was great to meet some of you although I apologise if I didn't say hello.

I've got hundreds of pictures from the day but they need sorting through before I upload them. I did have two in car video's one of which involved me haunting an orange exige for a few laps but somehow the data has been lost from the SD card they were on

I'll be making a few changes over the coming months including some decent track rubber, fitting the k sport BBK, 3" single exhaust and a re-map without the restrictor in all ready for the next trackday

Pics will be up soon
Old 06-19-2011, 02:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EastLondonS2K
I drove all the way back with no front pads, the car wasn't happy, luckly I had new rears on. Fortunately everything was fine.
I hate to say I told you so. So now you've had the full trackday experience: day at the track, then long drive home with no brakes. All part of the fun.

My brakes were suprisingly good all day, with little fade and absolutely none of the typical Ferodo judder, until the trip home where they felt horribly spongey and juddery. Weird that.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:07 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

D2, your car was shifting! Impressive that thse cars just take the punishment

Chris, I was in a rush to shoot off and think you'd nipped off for pics. Good to see you again!

Storm, good footage, some good driving there.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:09 AM

Hey guys,

Thought i would say hello after meeting a few of you at Anglesey. I was in the DC2 Integra if any of you saw me?? Would like to know how it looks from the outside as it feels soo stable in the cockpit and if anyone got any footage of it as my camera died . Loved Anglesey and everyone on track was very curtious and noone tried any stupid moves. After my last track day at Oulton 2 weeks ago i noticed my temps where quite unstable so i was only using 8,000RPMs to combat this on sat, so fingers crossed when i fit my large rad and oil cooler i can go back to using 9,500RPMs . Who was in the blue s2000 with titanium exhausts and chicken wire on the rear bumper?? You got nice and sideways infront of me round turn one which made me chuckle. Hope to see you guys at more track days ;D.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:20 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Your car was shifting! What's it had done?

Just uploaded some other laps to Vimeo, in HD

http://vimeo.com/25342120
Old 06-20-2011, 03:46 AM

It just felt so planted. I loved the fast section from Church up through School as you go flat out past the tyre clip on the inside and brake down into second for that tight left. The G force there under braking was intense as it was uphill meaning you can brake stupidly late .

Well it's pretty stock really. I will get a build up now (sorry if in wrong section)…
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/877...#entry20699863

Quick Reply: S2Ki Trackday - Anglesey Sat 18th June 2011