UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Ricky & Midlands - Towcester, Breakfast Run

Old 07-24-2011, 02:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was fun

A more intimate affair compared to last months mamoth Druids gathering but we still managed to split off into 2 mini convoys at one point, re-joining at the cafe.

A great morning both driving and weather wise, most key parts of the run were traffic free. Saw some great classics on the roads going to Silverstone.

Was blown away by lovegroova's in car camera that plugs into the car ECU to give an F1 style camera view with the throttle position, RPM, speed, G-Force etc read out dials on screen. What a great gadget!
Old 07-24-2011, 06:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It really was a fun run!

Our “intimate” line-up. Not a cloud in the sky and how fantastic to drive with the tiger again. It’s so exciting and entertaining following Burnie/SideWaysOnFire, I was whooping and grinning from ear to ear.

I lost James in pretty Passenham and was relieved that it wasn‘t my fault, it was because he lost Suzy when she shot past the turning. Nice to see her son again, though he is not actually her lucky charm, they had a close encounter with a naughty white van man who was on the wrong side of the road. Luckily her Carlimits training stood her in good stead.

Pleasant to have MissBabyCar, Squeak and John join us for breakfast.

Lovely run back following lovegroova, who kindly indicated points of interest using MBC’s sign language.

So glad I decided to come at the last minute, thank you lovegroova.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:25 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Good run today, the best weather of the year so far I think.

Very amusing watching Burnie's antics in the rear view mirror
Old 07-24-2011, 12:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was a great run today apart from the stupid white van man who made my heart skip several beats..... At least I stopped my car in time - why the tw*t didn't think there might be another S2k coming round that corner I don't know - smart ass - he was on my side of the road.....

It was very kind of James to go looking for me when I overshot that turn - I missed it on the Druids Run as well, but I know it now - I WON'T FORGET!!!

My son was impressed with our cars and our driving abilities! I'm not saying too much on here about why, considering he has a Honda Beat which is not very powerful or quick! He enjoyed it!

MQ - I love the line up of cars - what a fantastic photo!
Old 07-25-2011, 12:00 PM

Simon wel what can I say other than it was classic morning out..Thanks so much it has been far to long since I popped along.
Ladies was great to see ya again and seeing James also,plus we all forgot the bike rider who wanted to join in.
I have some pics but need to upload them... Thanks again...
Old 07-25-2011, 12:07 PM

and it was fab to see John again at the Super Sausage. Burnie - can you make sure he and his other half come to the Christmas Party????
Old 07-25-2011, 12:11 PM

Shall be trying to get them along