UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Ricky & Midlands - Towcester, Breakfast Run

Old 05-30-2011, 02:30 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Saz,

The bumps are one of the reasons I insisted on the minimum height drop with my Bilsteins, it also means that all the other bits Floppy referred to are not needed.

Once your car gets near to 100k miles, it might be worth thinking about changing the suspension, but there's little point if you're happy with the standard stuff, which is very good indeed for road driving.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 05-30-2011, 03:15 AM

Hello everyone ! Luisa and I had a great morning out yesterday, we really enjoyed meeting everyone and going for an early morning drive in the beautiful country roads, glad the weather helped out too. I've finally been able to use the car a bit more like its meant to be used now!

Lovegroova, thanks for leading the way, made it much easier to properly enjoy the roads and just concentrate on the driving. Only now do I realise you have some 'trick suspension' on, I'll put this down as to the explanation why I couldn't keep up in the corners .

Sazzy, you've inspired Luisa on trying driving the S2000 now, I hope she doesn't 'steal' it from me now! Btw, I could hear you accelerating away every time, I assume you have a CAI or something?

I assume that the next run is on the 26th June, this is the one at 4 am, right? We're having guests over on that weekend but I think I can sneak out unnoticed...

Any pictures? I forgot my camera.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:35 AM

So glad that you both enjoyed it, if you liked this you'll love Druids, there is something so exciting about driving around so early in the morning in the company of other S2000s.

lovegroova will be too humble to say but he's a fantastic driver who gets the best out of an S2000, his cornering has nothing to do with any modifications! Us regular Ricky Runners would follow him anywhere because of this, we love our leader I thought you drove really well, the pace was great yesterday.

I have done nothing to my car other than take the air box lid off. I'm still convinced that I may be losing a little bit of bhp, probably just in my head!

As I said yesterday, keep your eye out for the next Car Limits Day, I think the one in June is now full but The Loon has plans for further events later in the year and this will be a great opportunity for Luisa to really get to know the car in a safe environment. lovegroova often attends. He has given me driving tuition, he's very good at teaching women as we tend to listen really well

Hope to see you both again at the Druids next month.

Bokkie's little niece was taking lots of pics
Old 05-30-2011, 03:42 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Ricardo, if you liked this, you and Luisa will also love Megameet 7, as well as Druids

Old 05-30-2011, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Floppy
Originally Posted by simonix' timestamp='1306686434' post='20628553
By the way spykee, (or floppy), on the way back your car was growling lovely. You have a standard exhaust, but what intake do you have? It sounded like the airbox lid was removed!

Great drive to and from anyway, and thanks to kgcle for getting lost on the way home!

It is just the airbox lid removed mate, I had a K&N Gen2 57i on it when I bought it but sold, although retrospectively the K&N was a lot louder again! That first bloody humpback bridge was a bugger, slammed it hard hence taking it easy on the second one and some of those VERY bumpy single track roads! How big was that house by the way

Was Spykee now Floppy
Old 05-30-2011, 08:09 AM

Sorry about the VERY bumpy lane and I hope you didn't ground, but I hope seeing the old tudor manor house was worth it. Are you going to do Driuds and do you want to meet up on the way to S/S?
Old 05-30-2011, 08:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by K G CLE
Sorry about the VERY bumpy lane and I hope you didn't ground, but I hope seeing the old tudor manor house was worth it. Are you going to do Driuds and do you want to meet up on the way to S/S?
Yeh no worries, it wasnt that bad and ground clearance was fine I was just taking it easy The Tudor manor was stunning, I had my camera in the boot but realised when I got to Chorleywood that I'd left the bloody battery on charge at home doh!

I'm not sure whether I'll make the druids meet as I think its the same day as the South Mimms Honda event which I've already arranged to go to...I'll double check though and let you know
Old 05-30-2011, 08:28 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

It is the same day, but the South Mimms thing isn't until 3pm, so you could do both.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:30 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I might do both

Quick Reply: Ricky & Midlands - Towcester, Breakfast Run