UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Ricky & Midlands - Towcester, Breakfast Run

Old 05-29-2011, 05:44 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Lovely run as ever this morning, thanks everyone Really liked following James with his sideways out of junctions manoeuvres

Ricardo nice to meet you and your GF.

Really excited about Druids
Old 05-29-2011, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a great time this morning. was nice to put some faces to names!

Really looking forward to Druids....

By the way spykee, (or floppy), on the way back your car was growling lovely. You have a standard exhaust, but what intake do you have? It sounded like the airbox lid was removed!

Great drive to and from anyway, and thanks to kgcle for navigating!
Old 05-29-2011, 09:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by simonix
By the way spykee, (or floppy), on the way back your car was growling lovely. You have a standard exhaust, but what intake do you have? It sounded like the airbox lid was removed!

Great drive to and from anyway, and thanks to kgcle for getting lost on the way home!

It is just the airbox lid removed mate, I had a K&N Gen2 57i on it when I bought it but sold, although retrospectively the K&N was a lot louder again! That first bloody humpback bridge was a bugger, slammed it hard hence taking it easy on the second one and some of those VERY bumpy single track roads! How big was that house by the way

Was Spykee now Floppy
Old 05-29-2011, 09:44 AM

Haha thought so. I have a k&n 57i on mine! Every now and again I take the lid off just for fun!! It's like an addictive drug that sound! You know it's not beneficial power wise, but that noise....damn!! :-)

Yeah roads were epic, but some rough surfaces in places. Maybe Simon is right about your ride height! Haha

House was incredible, was like stepping back in time...

Will have to convoy to the next meet.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:07 AM

Just because everyone else is happy to have an S2000 4x4 with an arch gap big enough to fit your head in along with weaksauce offsets for their wheels doesn't mean I have to

Take the lid off? Is it just the filter then? I had this on mine:

Old 05-29-2011, 10:32 AM

Oh no, I just have the filter in the oem box. Might invest in one of those full kits you have pictured if they sound like the airbox lid removal trick though.

And I must admit, I'd like to drop my s down a few mm...
Old 05-29-2011, 10:39 AM

They make more noise than just the airbox lid removal mod. For the cost of about £230 new you'd be better off to save your money and get an exhaust instead as the induction kit gives poorer throttle response and sometimes causes the car to lose power!

Lowering is good but expensive even with a relatively affordable set of coilovers once you add in rear toe arms, rack spacers, driveshaft spacers (if you need them) and then a decent geo - thats if your bolts arent seized! Springs are for show more than go from what I've read but a cheaper route
Old 05-29-2011, 10:43 AM

Great run and great people, really enjoyed it. Thanks everyone!

Floppy - that slam when you bottomed out was pretty loud! Glad the car is ok and that any damage is only minor, hasn't affected the car and is out of sight.

Ian - hope I didn't throw up any stones with my antics! I did back off a bit, I don't think I'd forgive myself if I chipped your GT100!

Looking foward to the Druids
Old 05-29-2011, 01:19 PM

I was joking with lovegroova, I thought he was being extra sensible

I AM old Spike

Next time you're behind me I'll make sure I throw my hands in the air at EVERY bump in the road to give you good warning of grounding

Think I'm going to stick to my current ride height, I don't want to have to slow down for anything

Shame about the slowies on the way home James Good run before we got to Baldock though
Old 05-29-2011, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sazzy
I AM old Spike
Debatable...I'd never have said you were that age if you hadn't told me!

Sounds like a plan although I wouldnt want you to blame me for stacking it cos you took your hands off the wheel!

I think 30mm is a more sensible drop, I never had any problems with my old car so you'd be ok with that plus I didn't let anything slow me down, I just removed the section of road that got in my way

Quick Reply: Ricky & Midlands - Towcester, Breakfast Run