UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Ricky & Midlands - Towcester, Breakfast Run

Old 05-28-2011, 02:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going to head down to chorleywood so I'll see you at breakfast. Thanks for the offer though
Old 05-28-2011, 05:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont think im gonna make it in the morning, theres no way ill be up in time. Sorry Simon, catch you all next time.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:33 PM

Ok, I cant quite see properly yet but I'm on my way anyway
Old 05-29-2011, 02:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you lovegroova for another fantastic Ricky Run this morning, loved it as always

Good to meet you and your girlfriend Riccardo, I really enjoyed following you.

It was nice to have you behind me Spykee, I'm glad you made the effort to get up early and I'm dead impressed with your latest mod, I would post the photo but I don't have the steadiest hands for photography!

I'm now shattered from all that and talking.

Looking forward to seeing JK's pics Bokkie

Can't wait for Druids next month
Old 05-29-2011, 02:32 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Lovely run up this morning - and pretty good back too (well, as far as Tring, anyway, after which it was all a bit painful.)

Good too meet the new faces and thanks to the regulars for keeping on coming along.

Druids next month! See here to sign up https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/858...011-26th-june/
Old 05-29-2011, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by Sazzy
It was nice to have you behind me Spykee
Careful how you phrase that!

Was a great run and well worth the effort to get up for, thanks for taking the time to organise it Lovegroova! Maybe I'll have to take it a bit easier over some of those bumpier sections the next time though...I'm sure I don't remember seeing this when I took the bumper off to remove the number plate bracket the other day...

Old 05-29-2011, 03:07 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Never mind taking it easier, I suggest a more sensible ride height! Sorry about that though

I had a thought on the stereo, it might be a good idea to set the rear EQ to totally flat (take a picture of the current setup first) and then adjust the gains on the amp to the corerct levels.

To do that, turn the gains very low on the amp, then play some suitable music, with the volume on the head unit quite high (90% of max). Slowly increase the gains until you get distortion, and then back the gains off a little.

Then start tweaking the EQ (it may be a good idea to start with you use the simple one on the HU and see how that goes).
Old 05-29-2011, 03:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lovegroova
.....then play some suitable music

Sorry to see your damage Spykee
Old 05-29-2011, 04:09 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Originally Posted by Sazzy
Originally Posted by lovegroova' timestamp='1306667238' post='20628117
.....then play some suitable music

Sorry to see your damage Spykee
It wasn't a joke
Old 05-29-2011, 04:12 AM

Suitable music Saz? Are you saying my taste in music needs adjusting? James and I may have to educate you if you are as you're sounding old before your time I think Lovegroova was implying that I need to play something I would typically listen to and not that whatever I play is sh*t

Lovegroova, I'll give that a bash with the EQ and see how I get on. I'll get the door cards off today or tomorrow as well and sort out the vibrations as that may be part of the issue as I can't have a decent amount of bass and then turn it up loud enough FWIW at the moment.

I like the ride height as it is though so I think I'll ignore you on that bit and adjust my driving style a bit I was seriously giving it some when I bottomed out though and not knowing the roads due to being a ricky run virgin won't have helped but at least I'll know for the next time My friend has a garage so it'll be easily sorted, no need to apologise as these things happen and it wasnt anyone's fault but my own...all in all it was a bloody good morning and I'll definitely be up for it again

Quick Reply: Ricky & Midlands - Towcester, Breakfast Run