UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Ricky & Midlands - Towcester, Breakfast Run

Old 05-28-2011, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to confirm that I'll be making it, will be with my girlfriend (as we are going to Bicester Village afterwards...).

See you there, hope the weather holds!
Old 05-28-2011, 01:29 PM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Spykee
I'm just south of Kettering on the A43/near the A6 for Market Harborough. Sounds like a bit of a random route you're taking if you're heading over to Kimbolton and then southam...thought southam was the other side of the M1 and further north...unless there's more than 1? What time are you aiming to be at Kimbolton? I may be able to meet you there as its not that far from me.

I'm definitely in on this though, if I don't hear from anyone else then I'll just head down the M1 to meet up with everyone.
Did you get my PM with the route from Southam? You could just wait on Welsh Road East and meet them there?
Old 05-28-2011, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Spykee
I'm just south of Kettering on the A43/near the A6 for Market Harborough. Sounds like a bit of a random route you're taking if you're heading over to Kimbolton and then southam...thought southam was the other side of the M1 and further north...unless there's more than 1? What time are you aiming to be at Kimbolton? I may be able to meet you there as its not that far from me.

I'm definitely in on this though, if I don't hear from anyone else then I'll just head down the M1 to meet up with everyone.
Sorry, I meant kimcote, not kimbolton!!

If you wanted to meet in southam, we are hoping to meet others there. I will pm you my number just in case...
Old 05-28-2011, 01:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just read the pm, thanks lovegroova - makes more sense now

Simonix you're heading down the A5 based on LG's map then meeting up at Towcester would be good?

I'll PM K G CLE now...
Old 05-28-2011, 01:38 PM

Oh hang on I may have got the wrong end of the stick...are the midlands guys doing the run or just brekkie? I want to do the run as well!
Old 05-28-2011, 01:45 PM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

There are two runs, the main one, which leaves from down south - see first post for all the details.

The second is the "Midlands" run which is a route I devised, starting at High Cross, heading down the Fosse Way to Southam and then across country through Radborne, Priors Marston, Preston Capes and so on. That's the route I sent you.

However, the Midlands boys (Keith and Simon) are meeting up near Leicester on the A47, and making their way to Southam, and then following my route from there.

I'd suggest calling Simonix and arranging a meet up point and time with him.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:52 PM

Ah don't worry about that I'll treck down and meet up with you lot for the main shabang! Best get my beauty sleep so I make it down in time! I've got a week off so figured I may as well do the one you lot do this time around and next time maybe I'll give the other one a go with the midlanders
Old 05-28-2011, 01:53 PM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

See you in the morning, sleeping beauty!
Old 05-28-2011, 02:08 PM

Spykee

I've just left a crazy party early to come home and get my beauty sleep as I'm so dedicated to the Ricky Run, they all think I'm mad!

Looking forward to seeing you all in the morning, James, I'll be round yours at 6am not 6.10am because of the 50 limit on the M25
Old 05-28-2011, 02:49 PM

Bloody ell. Just got back from the theatre in Northampton and found there seems to all sorts happening. I haven't heard from Harrier so I don't think that he will be meeting us at Southam, so depending on the time we might not be going that far west. We will be going though Crick at about 7.30 and prior to that S kilworth a little before if you want to meet us, Spykee.

Quick Reply: Ricky & Midlands - Towcester, Breakfast Run