UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

North Norfolk Coast Run (Hunstanton to Blickling)

Old 05-14-2012, 05:23 AM

Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts

do you think I would trust one of those car wash companies with all the corrosive chemicals they use.
dont worry - Silverstones don't really show the dirt too much....but as its you I will pour a bucket of water over it the night before.

Not sure what time we are heading back Sunday but don't think we're in a rush. Might take a spin into Norwich on the way home.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by minvo
Originally Posted by Convulvulus' timestamp='1335039396' post='21630348
Hi
I am a new member and would love to join you for this drive if I still have my licence. I have only had the S2K for ten days and it is such good fun!
You are more than welcome to join us. Are you "loo-kul"? (Norfolk for local).

Minvo.

PS: Woot Woot - now we have 10 cars for the drive.
Hi

Sorry for the delayed response. I am a local, from Blofield, just East of Norwich.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:24 PM
Community Organizer

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Convulvulus
Sorry for the delayed response. I am a local, from Blofield, just East of Norwich.
Cheers. Loking forward to meeting you and the other new faces on Sunday.

Minvo.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:59 AM
Community Organizer

WEATHER:
Just checked the weather. Looks like it might be dry on Sunday - which is good cosidering the last 8 weeks.

CONVOY(S):
We have 11 cars on the list with a further 4 on the "possible slightly maybe" list so we could end up with 15. Anyone else wanting to join in then it's not too late to put your name down!
If we do end up with 15 cars then we might need to run with two or three smaller convoys (keeping 15 together will be difficult).
Can I ask if anyone would be happy leading the a convoy? Basically this means that the person in front will not wait for you (I will explain in detail on the day). If you want to volunteer as a convoy leader you will need to know the roads quite well.

CONFIRMATION:
Please may I ask that you confirm your attendance so that I know who is coming? Do those on the "possible slightly maybe" list now know if they are coming or not? You can confirm by posting on the forum, e-mailing me on steve@minvo.com or call/text me on 07949 830020 (please remember to put your forum name on communications).

MONEY:
Please don't forget to bring some. There are two car parks which will expect money to be paid (£1.80 and £2.20 repectively). Money will be required for "Fish and Chips" in Cromer (unless you bring a packed lunch). Once we get to Blickling you can decdide if you want to walk around the outside of the hall (free), walk around the gardens (£7.25) or do the inside of the hall and gardens (£10.75). National Trust members get the hall and gardens for free.

START POINT:
The meeting time at the Lighthouse Carpark in Hunstanton is 10:00am (I plan to be there a little before then). We intend to start the convoy at 10:30. I will be checking the forum for updates to attendees until sometime the evening before but if you are running late or decide at the last moment that you won't be coming then please call my mobile on 07949 830020 and let me know.

WELLS:
I have a cunning plan for a photo at Wells (so cunning you could brush your teeth with it). As we drive down the road to the coast at Wells we will stop to let out any passengers who have cameras (hopefully my wife included). The cars then drive off down the road, around the roundabout and back towards the passengers. All the passengers can get some photos and then jump back in the cars. Simples. NB: This section of road has yellow lines so drivers must stay in their vehicles.

CROMER:
Once we reach Cromer we will be parking in a large grassed carpark to the West of Cromer. There are two ways to walk into Cromer (via the path next to the road, or via the sea front). I suggest we walk into town on the path (it has nice little gardens to look at).
We will be visiting Mary Janes fish and chip shop for lunch. There is a seating area for those who want to sit down to eat. Sharon and I will be taking our chips down the road and eating them on a bench on the sea front.
You are then free to walk around Cromer or walk down the peir.
At around 1:30ish we will start to walk back to the carpark via the seafront and up the "cliff" via a walkway with "hairpin" bends. You may choose to walk back via the road if you are not confident in finding the walkway and you are not within sight of Sharon and I.
We plan to leave Cromer at 2:00pm or beforehand if everyone is waiting to leave.

BLICKLING HALL:
Once we reach Blickling (should be around 2:30pm) we will be parking right in front of the hall (NOT in the main car park). National Trust staff should be waiting for us (and my brother-in-law should be there too). Once we are parked I will then enter OCD mode and get lots of photos of the cars in front of the hall - for the 2013 calendar of course!
Blicking Hall closes at 5:30pm so you should have a good 3 hours to look around. If you decide to take a look inside the hall then please allow an hour for this. Also walking around the gardens can take hours - depending on your route. If you decide not to enter either the gardens or the hall then you can stay with the cars or go for a walk around the lake (this may take you a couple of hours). There is also a cafe and garden centre (very small one) on site which do not require an entrance fee.
You are free to leave Blickling whenever you want (as long as I have my photos done first!).

EVENING
Sharon and I will then probably go for an evening meal somewhere towards Norwich (I'm sure she will be thinking she deserves a meal out). If anyone wants to join us then please let me know.

Hopefully that's enough typing for one morning.

Minvo.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:51 AM

Just going to check the route properly. As long as I'm confident I'll get everyone to the right places, i'd be happy to convoy. It's mainly the bit from Hunstanton - wells I'm not completely sure about.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:56 AM

Oh and as long as amazon get it here in time, I should have the GoPro mounted on the car to film the run
Old 05-16-2012, 02:23 AM

Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts

We're all set. Excellent job on the organisation as ever Minvo.

Not sure if we'll join you for dinner on Sunday - depends when we leave Blicking...and as its a school night we won't want to be back too late.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:28 AM

Checked the route and I'm happy to be one of the leaders.

Will we be sticking to the coast from wells - Cromer because the sat navs try to send you a different route.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:08 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by jack_ako
Checked the route and I'm happy to be one of the leaders.

Will we be sticking to the coast from wells - Cromer because the sat navs try to send you a different route.
Many thanks for this. Should be easy to navigate - apart from a few tricky bits which I will go through it all when we meet on Sunday morning.

Minvo (Steve).
Old 05-16-2012, 06:23 AM

If its needed I can help as I go this rout for work most days

Quick Reply: North Norfolk Coast Run (Hunstanton to Blickling)