UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

North Norfolk Coast Run (Hunstanton to Blickling)

Old 04-11-2012, 05:48 AM

Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts

We'll be coming to Norfolk early on Saturday. Never been there before so two questions:
- any suggestions for places to visit (I hear Hunstanton itself is nice)
- any hotel recommendations near the start of your route ?
Old 04-11-2012, 06:13 AM
Community Organizer

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Andy,
OoooooooOOooo, Hmmmm.

Depends what you're looking for:
Hunstanton is nice but to be honest I've only been a few times and don't know any hotels, etc. Always seems a little "biddy" to me...

What sort of things are you interested in? My wife and I spend most of our weekend trips looking at castles (and other English Heritage and National Trust properties). Castle Acre (just North of Swaffham) is superb. Do steer clear of Kings Lynn if you can. Sandringham (near Dersingham) is the home of our lovely Queenie and is certainly worth a visit. Norwich is also worth a visit as we have two cathederals and a huge castle (as well as many shops for Maryam). If you fancy a hotel closer to Norwich then look up Dunston Hall (it's a DeVere). I think Jack_ako, AdamsS2K and myself will be driving in convoy to Hunstanton from Norwich early on the Sunday morning so you can join us.

Call me on my mobile (number on all my e-mails) or e-mail me direct if I can be of further assistance.

I am free all day on the Saturday but my wife is out on the Saturday night - otherwise I would like to join you "if" you want a cheap tour guide (OK a free one).

Are you going home on the Sunday or Monday? My wife and I would like to go out on the Sunday night (if you stay)....

Minvo.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:08 AM

Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts

Thanks Steve
I'll find out what the boss wants to do and come back to you. I guess a lot will depend on the weather (which I hope you have already booked to be dry and sunny)

Realistically we'll have to leave early evening Sunday at the latest.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like there will be a good number of cars coming to the run.
Not too much pressure minvo haha.

Really looking forward to it.

Surprised MQ isn't coming along. Ian, have a word haha. She would love the North Norfolk coast road.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:17 PM

Would love to do this Jack, want to drive with you again but it is the nearest weekend to my grandson's and my birthday, we're twins. My son's birthday is the day before ours.

Have been keeping my cards close to my chest, I won't declare until I am sure that I don't have family responsibilities.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:37 AM

Ah ok I suppose that's a good enough reason. Haha.
Well if u can't make this one and it's a success, I'm sure minvo or 1 of us would arrange another.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:12 AM
Community Organizer

It's now perzactly a month to go 'til the "North Norfolk Coast Run" (aka Norfolk Nod) and, OK I will admit plans are nearing the slightly lightly pencilled in stage for a vauge idea of what "Norfolk Nod II - the revenge of the Smith" could be (if the 1st one is a sucess, that is).

More on this may even be revelaed once MQ has agreed (in principle) that driving an S2000 around the North Norfolk Coast is way, Way, WAY more important, nay - exciting than a silly birthday party could ever be (oh, OK I conceed - the party IS more important).

In addition to this = Jack_ako - maybe you could organise a Yarmuff meet !?!

Either way - I'm sure our paths will cross again this year, hopefully many times...

Minvo.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:16 PM

Hi
I am a new member and would love to join you for this drive if I still have my licence. I have only had the S2K for ten days and it is such good fun!
Old 04-22-2012, 12:32 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Convulvulus
Hi
I am a new member and would love to join you for this drive if I still have my licence. I have only had the S2K for ten days and it is such good fun!
You are more than welcome to join us. Are you "loo-kul"? (Norfolk for local).

Minvo.

PS: Woot Woot - now we have 10 cars for the drive.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:50 AM

Ray and Sarah would like to make this, our first meet

Quick Reply: North Norfolk Coast Run (Hunstanton to Blickling)