UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

North East Meet - Teeside Park - Sunday 1st June *

Old 04-14-2014, 03:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GrittyShaker
Originally Posted by lifecrisis' timestamp='1397463500' post='23111050
Just a thought......

Anyone interested in a S2000 meet-up at Croft Circuit on Easter Monday??

It's the annual Sprint meeting and always has some exotica as well as the more 'usual' stuff.

Have a look at the 'Croft Circuit' fixture info.

Lew
There's a strong possibility I'll be there for some photography, despite being sans S2000. It's (would be) Dales Meet weekend.
Hi Gritty, I usually blag a place on the pit-wall at some point for this meet.

I'll keep an eye out for the lens which resembles a bucket, you'll probably be behind it
Old 04-14-2014, 03:25 AM

Quite right.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:57 PM

Hi lew, great meeting u.. Wish I saw u n the lads driving threw Hutto le hole that sun morn and I would have joined u lot, myself and mate hit the back roads and car was unreal.. First proper drive in good conditions since buying the s2k..

Wot time is the croft meet? Very interested..
Old 04-15-2014, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mark171086
Hi lew, great meeting u.. Wish I saw u n the lads driving threw Hutto le hole that sun morn and I would have joined u lot, myself and mate hit the back roads and car was unreal.. First proper drive in good conditions since buying the s2k..

Wot time is the croft meet? Very interested..
As usual Croft are not the best at advertising their events. No info on start times available on their web-site??

As it's a Monday the practice runs should be on the morning, with the timed laps starting at about 1pm.

I'm in negotiations with our lass for a full day pass.

Lew
Old 04-24-2014, 12:33 AM

Haven't replied on this for a while. sorry guys!

I am still keen for a meet, however my car hasn't been on the road at weekends lately (been working on it). New wheels and exhaust fitted still have polybushes and coilovers to fit, then geometry set up. So probably a few weeks from being out for a weekend but will post again once the car is roadworthy again.

May as well take this opportunity to gauge interest on a Sunday night meet? say the end of May? As far as location is concerned a few people seemed to favour Teeside park but I am quite open to location, preferably within a 30 mile radius of Newcastle.

Should be realistic as long as the polybushing doesn't prove too much! all I can do is keep people posted.

Regards,

Liam
Old 04-24-2014, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by bruceski

I am still keen for a meet, however my car hasn't been on the road at weekends lately (been working on it). New wheels and exhaust fitted still have polybushes and coilovers to fit, then geometry set up. So probably a few weeks from being out for a weekend but will post again once the car is roadworthy again.

May as well take this opportunity to gauge interest on a Sunday night meet? say the end of May? As far as location is concerned a few people seemed to favour Teeside park but I am quite open to location, preferably within a 30 mile radius of Newcastle.

Should be realistic as long as the polybushing doesn't prove too much! all I can do is keep people posted.

Regards,

Liam
Hi Bud,
Hope the re-bushing goes well. Sounds like you'll have a great 'S' when you're done.

Regarding the Sunday night meet....We are away most of May, but Sunday June 1st sounds good
(and that'll give you an extra week to finish the jobs)

regards

Lew
Old 04-24-2014, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by lifecrisis
Originally Posted by bruceski' timestamp='1398328417' post='23127531

Regards,

Liam
Hi Bud,
Hope the re-bushing goes well. Sounds like you'll have a great 'S' when you're done.

Regarding the Sunday night meet....We are away most of May, but Sunday June 1st sounds good
(and that'll give you an extra week to finish the jobs)

regards

Lew
Lew

yeah its coming together started with the easy jobs i.e. fluid changes and new discs/pads all round (rears possibly didn't need doing but thought whilst I was on may as well do them). I then decided I wanted a set of 'summer wheels' (went for 18" buddy club p1s) since I had already put winter tyres on my OEM wheels, thankfully didnt need them so much this year. New exhaust followed (custom single exit from A.A.S) just because wanted car to sound a bit more aggressive. I think its fair to say I then caught the 'modding bug' because thought with new wheels it needs 'lows' but may as well do bushes and I will 'need' geometry doing after this. Sigh! (what have I got myself into).

Who knows what is next? possibly some form of induction kit/velocity stack. Its never ending! haha

Anyway, I have rabbited on enough probably bored you to sleep, back to the main topic. Yeah June 1st sounds prime, hopefully better weather by then as well and should have jobs done by then.

Will be good to see what sort of turn out we get Any preference on location?

Liam
Old 04-24-2014, 08:08 AM

How about 'The Talpore' at the Tees Barrage for a meeting place.

Plenty of parking and an area to sit outside as the weather will be scorching by June.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:15 AM

I might be up for this. Just checked on Google maps and it's only 58mins from Rufforth :-)

Like it's going to take me as long as that... !
Old 04-27-2014, 10:49 PM

So a few people seem to have settled on Sunday 1st June.

Now to just firm up location. What are peoples preferences, I would prefer Team Valley or Tesside Park as are more local for me (coming from Newcastle) but would be willing to travel if we get sufficient numbers.

Cheers!

Quick Reply: North East Meet - Teeside Park - Sunday 1st June *