UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Meets in the south west?

Old 07-06-2011, 04:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cornpot
Hi Russ

So you finally made it..................Well done, now we all want to see photos etc.

I hear there is a fairly new Lady owner in Wells too.

Keep me posted,

Adrian

Ps Met your brother at Sparkford Test Track a couple of weeks back!

Hi Adrian,

Yes I did it, bought her a couple weeks back, was meaning to send you a message.

I had a call from my little brother saying there was a S2K at sparkford, It had to be you. Hows yours going?

Originally Posted by Coppins999
Russ,

There are a few S2kers in and around Wells. There is a new one parked up in the car park on the Underwood Quarry Industrial Estate, is that you? I park my red one up in the car park opposite the industrial estate.

Pass one most mornings on A37 on way in to work and also nice Yelllow one in village just outside Wells, plus of course Cornpots too.

More than up for a SW meet.

James
Hi James,

Yes thats me over the road in the Royal Navy blue. I did see a red one over in thales the other day, so that must have been you. I see a couple around, a silverstone with j4dy F reg or something, a '04 Moonrock and then cornpot every so often. My colleague (chap who has the Boxster S in our car park) also mentioned he has seen a new lady owner.

Here are a couple pictures, shes a '55 RNBP GT with 33k miles.

And a hard top for the really bad weather:

Absolutely love it, just need to improve and practise my driving skills so I can drive her like she deserves.

Meet wise im up for anything. There are a few decent roads around here (Priddy, Cheddar etc) but not a good route as such.

Cheers.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:53 AM

would be interested in this as well. (im from WsM area)
im still getting used to mine (first rwd car), and its a bog standard motor but more than happy to trundle along enjoying the drive at the back of the convoy!
Old 07-06-2011, 06:26 AM

Don't worry storm I'm the same, first rwd and first proper sports car so I'll be taking it easy at the back with you. Cornpot will be up there with his fancy footwork heel and toeing!!

I match rev on downshift to say overtake, but I can't get the old heel and toeing whilst braking. My feet just dont go that way v.well!

edited for retarded typing.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:23 AM

what about something like this link

It goes a bit mental at the end with some single track roads, which might not be great!
Old 07-06-2011, 08:55 AM

yea thats not so bad, the bit round cheddar and priddy is ok. Some good twisty roads, but its all fairly narrow.

We need to find a central point where we could all meet or finish at, this is generally a pub! As us lot who arent from bristol wont want to do your big loop round bristol.

We could all meet at Chew valley lake or something, wiz round priddy - cheddar and then maybe find a pub around the blagdon area, have a drink possibly some food and then time and weather dependent carry on driving or come on home.

Who is actually up for doing this some evening? Get some ideas going.

1 - russy01
2 - jsl20
Old 07-06-2011, 09:13 AM
POG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1 - russy01
2 - jsl20
3 - POG (Royce)
Old 07-06-2011, 09:19 AM

Im in!
1 - russy01
2 - jsl20
3 - POG (Royce)
4-Tempo2000
Old 07-06-2011, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Russy01
yea thats not so bad, the bit round cheddar and priddy is ok. Some good twisty roads, but its all fairly narrow.

We need to find a central point where we could all meet or finish at, this is generally a pub! As us lot who arent from bristol wont want to do your big loop round bristol.

We could all meet at Chew valley lake or something, wiz round priddy - cheddar and then maybe find a pub around the blagdon area, have a drink possibly some food and then time and weather dependent carry on driving or come on home.

Who is actually up for doing this some evening? Get some ideas going.

1 - russy01
2 - jsl20
the big loop was just there for me as a start and finish place to be honest! there's a picnic site on Walley Road-just search "Chew Valley Lake" in google maps and it brings it up as a suggestion. We could meet there and finish at a pub? Any suggestions for a pub?

If we agree on a "core" route it might be good to wack the route into your GPS from google-just to make sure no one takes a wrong turning and ends up on the wrong road!
Old 07-06-2011, 01:59 PM

Hi,

Should try and include either Cheddar Gorge or Burrington Combe, some good fast roads up on mendip with bends! and good pubs on the Chew Valley side.....well any pub would do! Another suggestion for anyone interested would be a convoy down to Simon at Hendys on Sat 30th July?

1 - russy01
2 - jsl20
3 - POG (Royce)
4-Tempo2000
5 - Cornpot

Hi to James long time no see.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:55 AM

Count me in for an event / drive / pub or grub or combinations thereof.

1 - russy01
2 - jsl20
3 - POG (Royce)
4-Tempo2000
5 - Cornpot
6 - coppins999 (James)

p.s. Hi Adrian!

Quick Reply: Meets in the south west?