Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is the new gimp

Old 06-21-2006, 12:36 PM

It's BadaBing!
Old 06-22-2006, 12:52 AM

It's all quite simple.

Some people would be happy to join in with the way we do things, some wouldn't.

Some have a penchant for organisation and detail, they would hate it.

Some have a penchant for decorum and a certain standard of behaviour, they would hate it.

Some feel the need to follow the crowd and tag along all the time, they'd hate it too.

Some people have egos that constantly need stroking, they'd get short shrift.

I could list many more types of people who would not enjoy being part of our group.

It's pretty certain too that the 'group' (clique, cabal, whatever you want to call it) wouldn't take too kindly to them either. So no-one would enjoy it.

We were very fortunate in 2004 that we got such a like-minded (and open-minded!) bunch of people, so in subsequent years we've worked on recommendation for any additional people, I think we'd all agree it's worked well, but 30-odd this year is about as big as we can handle, so the two things combined mean it's unlikely that there would be room for any more next year.

That doesn't mean anyone isn't welcome to pop by for a beer, at least that way you can leave if it's not your thing or the sight of burnie the Gimp disturbs you.

And I don't see why we can't talk about it here, since this forum was the place we all met, or is there a new rule about only posting on here if everyone is invited?
Old 06-22-2006, 01:44 AM

The more I read this, the more I'm convinced there's a gangbang fest that goes on at this thing.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:47 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

it's like prison

you need relief
Old 06-22-2006, 02:22 AM
MrV

Originally Posted by gaddafi,Jun 20 2006, 10:23 PM
because participants adhere to some underlying principles and are accepting of certain behaviours
Translated as 'being p*ssed for 5 days'

I can understand why this has caused a problem but I have to say that camping seperately works for us.

It does seem there is a bit of tension sometimes with the big group when people go off and do things and others feel they have been left behind, inevitable I think with a group that size especially when most have come on their own. It's great to be able to do our own thing but meet up with everyone for a bevvy in SpeedChills.

We might be adding an extra couple next year and even that will change the experience for us

D*mmit I forgot to log MrV out

Carrie
Old 06-22-2006, 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by MrV,Jun 22 2006, 10:22 AM
It does seem there is a bit of tension sometimes with the big group when people go off and do things and others feel they have been left behind, inevitable I think with a group that size especially when most have come on their own. It's great to be able to do our own thing but meet up with everyone for a bevvy in SpeedChills.
You hit the nail on the head, it's why a bigger group wouldn't work (well, one of the reasons anyway). I felt there were tensions sometimes when people felt they weren't 'invited' along to things, that's never been the way we've done things though and hopefully it never will be.

It also seems to be the feeling here, people who haven't been with us but want to go feel excluded, but there's no need - you and James are the perfect example of what to do if you aren't part of the established group - I think you prefer it that way anyway - you know where at least some of us will be most of the time (Speedchills) so it's easy to hook up with people when you want to. I don't see why it shouldn't be the same for anyone else.

Quick Reply: Le Mans 2007