Le Mans 2007

Old 06-20-2006, 10:56 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rob M,Jun 21 2006, 12:17 AM
What I think the point of this thread is:

... important stuff ...

So - Who's thinking of going?

ps Ben Fluffyninja cannot camp with me as Emma wouldn't appreciate vomit on the carpet
That's very well said Rob.

There are lots of companies and websites (beermountain.com, Team Langoustine etc) with guides as to how and where to order tickets from, guides to the various campsites etc. There is a wealth of information out there to help people, or even companies like Airtrack who organise the whole thing for you.

We'd need to extend our perimeter if Fluffy goes, I've seen how he can arc his puke.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think anybody has any issue with you guys organising your own group of people to go to LM - after all many people organise their own groups to go.

I think the point is, that someone (can't be arsed to look back up the thread to see original poster) has posted on the forum that booking is open for 2007 and who fancies going, implying that it would be part of a group - and then when people have said "yes please" they've been told to go away and sort it out for themselves.

It's a forum for S2000 owners/enthusiasts, so events posted are usually for the benefit of everybody, not a select few. As someone else said - I wouldn't post "BBQ at mine tonight but only you, you, you and you can come", I'd PM/Email/Phone people to sort it out. Putting a number limit on something is pretty standard, but I think we all know that isn't the issue here, it's more that you guys go together each year and have an idea about who you would, and wouldn't, want to spend your time with.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:17 AM
GSi

All the first post on the thread said was:

Originally Posted by longhairedbikerdude
there you go. next years planning already started...
Old 06-21-2006, 01:33 AM

I don't think that's what people have objected to though
Old 06-21-2006, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by CiderBoy,Jun 20 2006, 11:39 PM
Continuing the party analogy, I suggest we gate crash, drink all their booze, eat all their food and piss in their tents.
dude,

if you get there, you are more than welcome to come share a beer with us and whatever else we offer up.

if you feel so inclined, then piss where you see it relevant.. i would like to point out however, one or two of my friends are known to have a liking for setting fire to things.....
Old 06-21-2006, 03:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've just come back and it was my first year, I went with a couple of mates ,i'll definately be back again. Didn't see many s2's though! but then again I don't know many people on here.

I can understand why someone on the forum would want to go with an established group because you don't know what to expect or how to do it, like me.

Le Mans is a big circuit and knowing your way around / camsites is usefull. We had a pre-booked place in Houx Annex but we arrived on Friday to find it was full, after an hour searching we managed to persuad someone to make some room for us which they did.

For what it's worth my advice is book early and get a site close to the start / finish straight, get there early for a good pitch and take a gazebo to shelter from the sun, some toilet seats and bog roll cause they don't have any. They do have plenty of beer. Oh and watch out for the speed cameras we nearly got done twice. Join the ACO (you get lots of discounts)

Maybe another group could be formed for next year if people keep in touch, there seem to be plenty interested, but take the hassle out of it for any one individual by sorting out your own tickets etc
Old 06-21-2006, 04:24 AM

Where's LM?

Did someone do a guide this year? I didn't read it.

Organising a group trip is a PITA and I wouldn't want to do it. The person who organised our trip probably spent over 100 hours I guess sorting everything. Respec

Good posting that man!

well, thank you
Old 06-21-2006, 04:28 AM

No no no not you Moggy .. you managed to sneak in there!!

Oops Lemon

OK .... who deleted a post then?!!

Quick Reply: Le Mans 2007