UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

JapShow 2015 - Sunday 5th July *

Old 06-28-2015, 01:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default JapShow 2015 - Sunday 5th July *

Hello,

I haven't seen any information about JapShow this year, was wondering if there is a club stand, or if many people are going?
Old 06-29-2015, 12:06 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Rach_J,

Unfortunately this has never been a popular event for S2KUK or S2Ki.
In previous years we have had a few cars attending but never enough to warrant a stand at the show.

I will leave your thread open so see if it attracts more attention from other owners.

Steve
Old 06-29-2015, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this the one in the North West somewhere?

Ah it's this one at Santa Pod http://www.japshow.co.uk/index.html
Old 06-29-2015, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by minvo
Rach_J,

Steve
Wonder why that is, the location is pretty good I would have thought. I have been to one and it is a bit of a mission for me (over 3 hours), but if you're into your jap cars its a good event.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k_Nut
Originally Posted by minvo' timestamp='1435565173' post='23663944
Rach_J,

Steve
Wonder why that is, the location is pretty good I would have thought. I have been to one and it is a bit of a mission for me (over 3 hours), but if you're into your jap cars its a good event.

Even if there isn't a stand I'm going to be a one car stand in the car park, it'll be my first show out in my s2000 so I'll be making the most of it haha.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:39 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Im going with my girlfriend, but i think im getting a lift from a friend, its a 2 hour drive from my home! but whats putting me off most is that i dont like leaving my S anywhere, especially in car parks! so i would be paranoid thinking about if my car was ok all day lol. I would really love to take the car, and im very tempted but i would be devastated to come back to a scratch as someone walked past the car with a hand bag etc, or a door ding from someone opening the car too enthusiastically!

Would be so cool to convoy up with a few other S2000's though
Old 07-02-2015, 08:42 AM

I'm in Salisbury atm , thinking about heading over for this , anyone in the area ?
Old 07-06-2015, 12:55 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I ended up going in my s2k as the person that was taking us dropped out the day before, managed to get a place on a stand though once i got their, i spotted a good 10 or so s2k's around 3 yellows, 4 greys and 3 blacks, plus from what i could see mine was the only red one their, i got to say pretty much all the s2000's where ropy ones, was a nice grey one with bonnet up, but the rest needed some TLC or were poorly modified.

Don't think i would go again, was their for maybe 3-4 hours total and was pretty bored around 2-3 hours, just not a big enough event IMO

was a few nice cars their, but got to say the majority of them were badly modified cars, or cars in a poor state, saw a lot more nicer cars in the car park then were on the stands!
Old 07-06-2015, 03:30 AM

I must agree with my bf I was really looking forward to going but was a huge disappointment for me and the tickets are way over priced there was hardly anything to do. Once you've walked round and saw everything which took a couple of hours theres nothing else to do. I was really lucky to get a place on a stand as someone didn't show up which was great. The s2ks we saw I think there was 2 black. One was a right mess. The other looked ok. 2 blue ones one on the show and shine was in great condition but didn't like the alloys. And one on the grass. A really nice gray one and a prefacelift yellow parked next to us on the stand. Also saw a few other s2ks in the car park and a yellow one was coming in just as we was leaving.

I most definitely wont be going again. I think id rather go to japfest.

Waste of money imo.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:27 PM

Thanks for the feedback, I am sure i have been to one of these and like you both said above was pretty bored after a relatively short space of time, and for such a long journey (for me) definitely not worth doing again. I am not big on 'static' car shows though I have to say, I prefer track days or drives much more.

Quick Reply: JapShow 2015 - Sunday 5th July *