I'll send them to whoever gives them away as prizes and doesn't keep them

They won't be THAT excititng
Old 08-05-2008, 12:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who said i'd keep them
Old 08-06-2008, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Howie20,Aug 5 2008, 09:40 AM
Gavin-this is just an idea to keep everyone amused and perhaps provide a bit of interest on the day.This was partly my idea and partly my girlfriends who is quite good at this sort of stuff.We could have a free to enter competition based on large layout plan of Oulton Park Circuit with all the relevant information marked on ie length of circuit,names of corners,fastest ever lap etc.from which people had to guess the following:-
1) Your fastest lap time from your recent BHP trackday
2) Your average speed based on your fastest lap time.
3) Some flagpins which they could stick on the plan at the exact point where they think you spun (not meant as a painfull reminder honestly!)
I have a good contact at Gordons Honda in Wigan who I may be able to tap up for some small prizes(in return for some name placement) for anyone guessing correctly I was thinking maybe T shirts or key rings or something along those lines.We could also have say a tin of Quality Streetor similar on the table for the kids who got it wrong.
Before I approach Gordons Honda and assuming this does not contravene any of the organiers rules perhaps you could let me have your thoughts (or anyone else for that matter).On the basis yourself and the car are going to be there I just thought perhaps this would provide a bit of entertainment for everyone and generate a bit of interest in the stand.Howerd
Howard, sounds like a good idea. Since it will be free I see no problem with it for the organisres and free stuff usually draws a crowd - even better we wont run out of stuff because we can wait till the afternoon to reveal winners!

If your idea was to plaster the map next to the damage, then that would have been fine but it should all be fixed by then, there could be a second competition by then, we can say look at this atrocious paint job, guess where I had it done? Hope not though.

Could probably bring photos (screen grabs) of the impact though and a copy of the lap video on an ipod as evidence for the winners?

Likewise I'm sure we could also think of some other winning locations on the map.

Maybe would could have another competition - guess the part. Take a close up photo of a part of an S2000 and ask people to guess what it is - would need to be difficult though.

Gav
Old 08-06-2008, 12:58 AM

Ian/ Gav,thanks for that guys,if everybody is ok with the idea I have managed to run off a large scale layout plan of the circuit at work we can use, on which I can put on fastest ever lap etc.Unfortunatly my contact at Gordons Honda in Wigan is on holiday until Monday but I will speak to him then and see what I can do prize wise etc..
Gav - I wasn't going to be so cruel as to mention you had actually damaged the car!,(assumed you would have got it fixed by then anyway) just that you had had a spin on one of your laps.
Mystery Part idea-great anything to entertain and create some interest-could I leave that with you and I will sort the plan and prizes hopefully.Would be good if you could bring a few pics and the ipod also.
Ian-you could send the additional prizes to Redun or me not fussed-let me know.
Could someone manage to make up some pin flags.
Will let everyone know how I get on with Gordons Honda Monday.
Howerd
Old 08-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I can send the prizes wherever, just PM me an address
Old 08-09-2008, 09:18 AM

NOTICE

Evening all, due to an overwhelming response, I will need to know by tonight / first thing tomorrow morning any additional attendees.

From 11:00am tomorrow morning (Sunday 10th August), the event will close to applicants for stand entries.

All the best and thanks,

Jamie
Japan North Founder & Organiser
Old 08-10-2008, 12:51 AM

Jamie, we're good. The numbers will be as we have said or as good as.

Rick - please can you PM Ian for the extra goodies, may car will be full of Gazebo, Flags and BBQ....
Old 08-10-2008, 03:42 AM

Excellent thank you, Gav.

Please could the following members confirm:

Kiwi
AdrianEagle
RobJ1
Killasystems

Cheers,
Jamie
Old 08-10-2008, 04:22 AM
Administrator