UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Follow up to NE Meet, possible next meet ?

Old 06-04-2014, 03:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Follow up to NE Meet, possible next meet ?

Following on from the success of the NE meet on Sunday (1st June) at Teeside Park, I am going to have a bash at arrange another and hopefully turning it into a regular meet. I thought the location was spot on because it is easily accessible and there is lots of space etc. However I am aware it would not suit all.

I was thinking July possibly 6th (first Sunday), Teeside Park at 6pm.

How do people feel about this date/location/time? open to suggestions as would like to get as many people there as possibly.

For this to be possible though I need as much input as possible.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:19 AM

Link to Previous meet: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/107...nday-1st-june/
Old 06-04-2014, 05:03 AM

Sorry I couldn't make it as I was offshore at the time ... How did the meet go ? I'm back home this Friday ... It's hard for me to say if I can make the next meet due to my time schedule but am really interested , I live in Sunderland as you probably know already
Old 06-04-2014, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by b000n
Sorry I couldn't make it as I was offshore at the time ... How did the meet go ? I'm back home this Friday ... It's hard for me to say if I can make the next meet due to my time schedule but am really interested , I live in Sunderland as you probably know already
Its ok mate, would be good to have you along when/if available. There was a limited turn out 2 S2000s, which was me and Lew (lifecrisis) and Scott (GrittyShaker) brought his MX5 as his S is unfortunately no more. He did however kindly take some photos which were very much appreciated.

I was aware that there seems to be a few members from the Sunderland area hence me questioning whether Teeside is suitable for other members. I personally don't mind the travel but some may object just trying to get a balance.

The main reason for trying again is because I want to demonstrate that people are willing to turn up and hopefully get a better turn out next time. I would like to meet other members and can hopefully get something set up more regularly if we get more people attending.

Regards

Liam
Old 06-04-2014, 07:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys, I thought there would be a few more s2k's at the meet, seemed like some interest in the other thread. Oh well nvm, 2 s2k's first time, the only way is up right? I'm really interested in going to my first meet, it's the first truly local one for me, the regular ones are just too far away. But I work every Sunday evening so makes it hard to attend these meets. I'll keep my eye out though if it should be organised for a earlier time during the day or something Good Luck with the next one!
Old 06-04-2014, 10:09 AM

I cant make the 6th :/
Old 06-04-2014, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by NicoS
Hey guys, I thought there would be a few more s2k's at the meet, seemed like some interest in the other thread. Oh well nvm, 2 s2k's first time, the only way is up right? I'm really interested in going to my first meet, it's the first truly local one for me, the regular ones are just too far away. But I work every Sunday evening so makes it hard to attend these meets. I'll keep my eye out though if it should be organised for a earlier time during the day or something Good Luck with the next one!
I definitely hope to increase numbers hence why putting the thread out early again. the date/time is not set in stone hence why getting opinion as want to get the best possible compromise to maximize potential attendance. The location is not definitive either as want to gauge interest and come up with the best possible solution.

Hoping this meet grows into something as would quite like to get a regular NE meet sorted as there doesn't appear to be one.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by ben5560
I cant make the 6th :/
What day/dates would be good for you? just put Sunday out there as most people seem to be free, however I am willing to change to suit
Old 06-05-2014, 12:31 AM

I am free on :
Possibly the 15 June
6 July
13 July
Old 06-05-2014, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by b000n
I am free on :
Possibly the 15 June
6 July
13 July
13th Looking more likely then as that suits yourself and Ben. See what others come back with.

Quick Reply: Follow up to NE Meet, possible next meet ?