UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Druids' 2011 - 26th June

Old 06-26-2011, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Sazzy
. I'll post something more sensible when I'm not on my 'phone.

Due to just an hour or two sleep, peroni has gone to my head

I LOVE TODAY
are you sure?

And

Old 06-26-2011, 10:46 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Epic day out, and well worth getting up at the same time I went to bed last weekend I loved the route and have no negative comments. Special thanks to Simon for the organisation and for helping me cure the strange buzzing noise coming from the passenger side of my car and to simonix for not crashing into me when a lovely man pulled out on me and I had to perform a full on emergency stop

Wifey took loads of photos as usual and we'll post them up when we've deleted all the boot lid and sky shots
Old 06-26-2011, 11:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by plastic91
Also, thanks to the couple in front of me (nurburgring blue, car reg ending 'ALN') for always waiting for the pack behind to catch up. It was also great to put some faces to the forum names, as always!!!
Your welcome, the main factor to all of the meets is the people. We all had a great time with great company.

Thanks to Simon and Suzy for all their efforts into the organisation.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulF
Epic day out, and well worth getting up at the same time I went to bed last weekend I loved the route and have no negative comments. Special thanks to Simon for the organisation and for helping me cure the strange buzzing noise coming from the passenger side of my car and to simonix for not crashing into me when a lovely man pulled out on me and I had to perform a full on emergency stop

Wifey took loads of photos as usual and we'll post them up when we've deleted all the boot lid and sky shots
I thought the buzzing sound was in MY car???? (I hope she gives you a good slap!)
Old 06-27-2011, 01:10 AM
Community Organizer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sue, your brakes were squealing - some copper grease should sort that
Old 06-27-2011, 01:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulF

Haha, yeah that was too close for comfort!! Fantastic high speed section just beforehand though

And thanks to everyone for making a great day! I agree that the traffic on fosse way ruined that section of the run a little, but amazing scenery all the same. Had a great time, must remember to bring sun cream next time though..... Ouch!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 01:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Loon
Sue, your brakes were squealing - some copper grease should sort that
Och, I know that..... do you think I am deaf or something! I said they were getting fixed tomorrow!!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 02:11 AM

I’ve been looking forward to this run since last year and it didn’t disappoint.

A big thank you to Simon and Suzy for your organisation and for taking us on some fantastic roads at a great pace.

I didn’t know where I was going and don’t really know where I’ve been but totally loved all of it. Sleep is overrated.

lovegroova, Ninebolts and MQ set a great pace for the first part of the run, I struggled to keep up with MQ at a few points, Dixon appears to have made her even quicker, despite her broken finger My new tyres are now well and truly run in.

Loved following my Mum, we constantly remind each other how lucky we are to be able to experience fun like this together. This really is the run of the year lovegroova/Suzy, amazing.

Later on I got to follow my lovely mates James and Sally. Following Ian was great too as even though he’s a ******, he’s a great driver

I’m pleased for Loony that he’s so happy with his new tyres

A fantastic turnout for another well organised, well behaved run. Regarding feedback, I think I preferred the first part of the run but possibly because there were no cars on the roads and the pace was great up the front, that may just be that I’m familiar with a lot of the roads though. It’s definitely worth going to Fish Hill too, thank you Suzy, I was buzzing Absolutely nothing negative to say about any of the route/organisation though.

Already looking forward to next year. Unfortunately I don’t have any pictures worth posting. I’m hoping that MQ will have a few but she is without internet until tomorrow at the earliest.

Thanks again everyone, it was epic, worth every penny in petrol that still appears to be leaking out of my car

p.s. the tunnel on the way back James, that guy loved it when we both gave him the thumbs up. It was also entertaining seeing the young Civic boys making noises on the roads on the way to South Mimms with the police hot on their tails!!
Old 06-27-2011, 02:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

19 cars, now that must constitute a

LOVEGROVA MINIMEET!!!

What an amazing day out, it must have taken a lot of planning for which we should all be extremely grateful. The route were fantastic with variations on types (and surfaces!) but oh so enjoyable.

Congratulations to everyone for driving by the code and looking out for those getting left behind for whatever reason - the fact that we all kept together and got the the various stops on time is a compliment to Simons organisation and the groups driving standards. (That is apart from our 6 car extra run to cool the engines down after Fish Hill!!)

Looking forward to next year already - negative comments, what negative comments!!!

Alan

ps Luckily managed to stay awake for my Granddaughters birthday party but did miss numerous bits out of the GP that I recorded so it must have been boring!
Old 06-27-2011, 04:32 AM

That was so much fun!

Me and Sally both had a great time and I was just saying how I think that’s the best rally I’ve ever been on, perhaps even on par with Isle of Man.

No complaints, points already made about occasional sections of traffic are valid but it didn’t bother me too much (I didn’t mind the opportunity to briefly relax and take in the scenery before getting back to concentrating on the driving once we were back to our usual pace).

Really enjoyed myself and so grateful for the opportunity to be a part of such an amazing community. I can’t think of any other car owner group who would get up at 3am to go for a group drive. You all rock!

Quick Reply: Druids' 2011 - 26th June