UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Druids' 2011 - 26th June

Old 06-26-2011, 06:49 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Worth it though

Absobloodylutly amazing drive

Looking forward to the pics, mine are a load of piss!
Old 06-26-2011, 06:52 AM
Community Organizer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If Carslberg did driving meets they probably would not come close to this one..despite looking and feeling like a zombie I enjoyed every minute of this run. Thanks Si and Sue
Old 06-26-2011, 07:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What an excellent day!!! No regrets waking up early and driving all the way from Nottingham. However, I have to say that the weather is a bit way too hot for my liking on my journey back home, and that's even with the aircon on!!

Anyway, thanks to LG for organizing the run, and Suzybee for leading the way. Also, thanks to the couple in front of me (nurburgring blue, car reg ending 'ALN') for always waiting for the pack behind to catch up. It was also great to put some faces to the forum names, as always!!!

Well, here are the photos I've taken today...

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...%20-%20Druids/

I shall include two of my favorite photos on this topic:

I think it was a great idea having AE's car in front. The line up of S2ks were just too long to get them all into one photo.

I've finally seen Suzy's car in person with all the bee companions!!

Hopefully I will be able to join the Ricky Run some other time.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:05 AM
Administrator

I love your picture plastic
Old 06-26-2011, 09:17 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Thanks to everyone for getting up at really stupid times (or not going to bed at all) to attend this, it wouldn't be the same without you.

Special thanks to Sue and Alan for bringing up the rear/helping sort out sat nav files etc.

A really fun day - looking forward to more pics.

Simon

PS please feel free to send me feedback on the route - bits you liked or didn't like - it'll help for next year's planning
Old 06-26-2011, 09:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by plastic91
What an excellent day!!! No regrets waking up early and driving all the way from Nottingham. However, I have to say that the weather is a bit way too hot for my liking on my journey back home, and that's even with the aircon on!!

Anyway, thanks to LG for organizing the run, and Suzybee for leading the way. Also, thanks to the couple in front of me (nurburgring blue, car reg ending 'ALN') for always waiting for the pack behind to catch up. It was also great to put some faces to the forum names, as always!!!

Well, here are the photos I've taken today...

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...%20-%20Druids/

I shall include two of my favorite photos on this topic:

I think it was a great idea having AE's car in front. The line up of S2ks were just too long to get them all into one photo.

I've finally seen Suzy's car in person with all the bee companions!!

Hopefully I will be able to join the Ricky Run some other time.
Really nice photos!!!! The bees in the car are a select few - there is a full hive here at home!!!
Old 06-26-2011, 09:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Simon - you excelled yourself as usual. It was amazing the way you tied in the regular route with the route to the Herts pub meeting and all the new bits! I'm not sure I enjoyed the Fosse Way much mainly because of the traffic on it.

How did you get home from the traffic jam? I think you got held up behind the horse box, the driver was determined that I would not get in front of him, but I was determined too!!!! I got back on the M40 link road at the next junction so I think the jam was not very long. I came off the M40 at J.6 and did Aston Hill as planned, and went home my usual route via Marlow.

Stayed out of the sun this afternoon drinking water, but now having a welcome glass of wine. So CHEERS to everyone who came on the Druids Run and made it so enjoyable!
Old 06-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Administrator

Cheers!

Simon you are epic

Steady on!
Old 06-26-2011, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really you Simon and you too Suzy with your lovely Fish Hill, had a fantastic morning. I'll post something more sensible when I'm not on my 'phone. Due to just an hour or two sleep, peroni has gone to my head I LOVE TODAY
Old 06-26-2011, 10:34 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Suzybee
Simon - you excelled yourself as usual. It was amazing the way you tied in the regular route with the route to the Herts pub meeting and all the new bits! I'm not sure I enjoyed the Fosse Way much mainly because of the traffic on it.

How did you get home from the traffic jam? I think you got held up behind the horse box, the driver was determined that I would not get in front of him, but I was determined too!!!! I got back on the M40 link road at the next junction so I think the jam was not very long. I came off the M40 at J.6 and did Aston Hill as planned, and went home my usual route via Marlow.

Stayed out of the sun this afternoon drinking water, but now having a welcome glass of wine. So CHEERS to everyone who came on the Druids Run and made it so enjoyable!
Thanks very much, Sue.

I think we got home the same way as you, although I tried to be clever once we got off the A40, which probably put us a few minutes behind you. We did Aston Hill as well

Quick Reply: Druids' 2011 - 26th June