UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Drift Day at Oulton August 2nd

Old 08-04-2008 | 12:52 AM

I turned up just to watch in the morning. Have to say I'm really impressed with how quickly people on there picked it up.

How much experience of drifting the car have you people had previously; Kiwi/Puppy/S2k_Nut? I ask because I noticed that you were performing really well after only a short time; Proper feinting the car from one corner to the next etc ti initiate the next corner drift; Really impressed with everone on there tbh and wished I'd signed up even just for the morning; Standing watching was painful as I just wanted to be on there Next time.

btw; Kiwi; Apologies for not flashing you back I was doing 8 things at once when you flashed and had my hands full of wheel and change from paying in etc.

I'd have liked to have had a chat with you all butI had to get away by lunch so missed you all on that; Spoke to GavB briefly who I understand managed to get on track for the avo; NIce one.
Old 08-04-2008 | 01:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by OldDogmeat,Aug 4 2008, 08:52 AM
I turned up just to watch in the morning. Have to say I'm really impressed with how quickly people on there picked it up.

How much experience of drifting the car have you people had previously; Kiwi/Puppy/S2k_Nut? I ask because I noticed that you were performing really well after only a short time; Proper feinting the car from one corner to the next etc ti initiate the next corner drift; Really impressed with everone on there tbh and wished I'd signed up even just for the morning; Standing watching was painful as I just wanted to be on there Next time.

btw; Kiwi; Apologies for not flashing you back I was doing 8 things at once when you flashed and had my hands full of wheel and change from paying in etc.

I'd have liked to have had a chat with you all butI had to get away by lunch so missed you all on that; Spoke to GavB briefly who I understand managed to get on track for the avo; NIce one.
Ive been drifting for a lil while. Got into it when i was out in the US, S13 / S14 / Skyline

That was my 1st drift day in the S though, hence the shakey start, but got used to her soon enough

Id say in total maybe 10 / 12 days and the odd roundabout meet
Old 08-04-2008 | 01:15 AM

I have 8 minutes of video highlights. Most was taken before lunch so people still 'learning', did get a few more minutes at about 3:30 though too.

Gav

Old 08-04-2008 | 01:21 AM

I've got a bit of out the car footage which I will put on later!!!

Puppy - You try videoing whilst getting chucked round the car and trying to hide the camera!

Anyway when is the next one? Hope you'll all be ok with me taking my MX5 on!
Old 08-04-2008 | 01:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by GavB,Aug 4 2008, 09:15 AM
I have 8 minutes of video highlights. Most was taken before lunch so people still 'learning', did get a few more minutes at about 3:30 though too.

Gav
Some great video there.

Got 1 or 2 of my good laps in aswell

( and what looks like ALL of my spins )

Any chance of getting my hands on that for some editing.
Old 08-04-2008 | 02:39 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by GavB,Aug 4 2008, 10:15 AM

Gav
Gav great work.

I love it.....

I too would love a copy for my records if I may. I can even post you a 1GB usb stick to put it on.

Awesome

Cheers

Kiwi
Old 08-04-2008 | 02:44 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by OldDogmeat,Aug 4 2008, 09:52 AM

G'day mate,

No previous experiance at all. Just took a little getting used too, then the hard work was trying to fine tune it, or even repeat a really good lap.

I like most, can't wait for the next one, I learnt so much on Saturday, and I think I have a load more to learn abou tthe S and it's habits

No worries on the non flash

Kiwi
Old 08-04-2008 | 02:50 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by MX5HEL,Aug 4 2008, 10:21 AM
I've got a bit of out the car footage which I will put on later!!!

Puppy - You try videoing whilst getting chucked round the car and trying to hide the camera!

Anyway when is the next one? Hope you'll all be ok with me taking my MX5 on!
Sorry noo MX5's allowed

The pictures are great, when can I get a copy of them? I'll give ya a USB to dump them all on.

And your lucky they didn't take your camera off ya, when you got caught filming.

Kiwi
Old 08-04-2008 | 03:09 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

The instructors were great, very helpful & up beat, and always on hand.

To be honest I found the whole day, was friendly.

I one for am ready for September, to do another one.

Let's get a list going, this is by far the best
Old 08-04-2008 | 03:12 AM

Glad you like the video.

In terms of copies, you have a choice.

Register on Vimeo (hardly any info required and you can delete your account too if you want to) and it will allow you to download the file I uploaded, which is a 246MB quicktime file.

The quicktime file was created for upload from an original 1.8GB DV codec file. (PAL widescreen).

The completely unedited DV codec file is about 4.5GB but is raw from the camcorder and does have on a lot of dross.

So either download the file or I can burn either of the other 2 files to a DATA DVD and post it.

Kiwi & Paul, I can bring to Haigh Hall if you're coming. Puppy, PM address if you want DVD copy.

Gav

Quick Reply: Drift Day at Oulton August 2nd