UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Drift Day at Oulton August 2nd

Old 07-28-2008 | 01:33 AM

I just read this from the instructions that have just arrived in my email

' If you would like to bring along friends and family, they will be welcome to spectate and may join you as passengers. All passengers will also need to register and sign on. There will be a charge for entry to the circuit for any guests that are not pre-registered and a further charge for any extra passengers.'

So I would like to bring along MikeyK, Blurter, Kiwi, Redun and any others from this forum that would like to be added to my 'friends and family' list .... is this possible Steve ?
Old 07-28-2008 | 01:45 AM

Furthermore in the email I received it says

We need to provide MSV with a list of the names of drivers and passengers to enable you to gain free entry to the circuit as a motor racing event is taking place on the same day. Can you please reply to this email by 5pm on Tuesday 29th July with the name of the 1 passenger who you would like to have a free entry. Any passengers not on the list will be charged
Old 07-28-2008 | 03:45 AM

Hmmm, clear as mud

I decided not to do this, just a case of not making life too difficult for myself.

I did not fancy having to flaunt the law and get home on illegal tyres (they almost are already), and also my car is booked in the bodyshop to fix my track day damage the following Monday so I would have no opportunity to get the tyres changed for a while after and I need to get it too and from the bodyshop etc. Just ended up in the too difficult box. Think I will put the money towards a car limits day as that probably more the experience i'm after.
Old 07-28-2008 | 03:48 AM

Regarding spectating I still intended to come down and take some photographs, maybe some video of you guys and any passenger rides that might have been going.

Just need the entrance arrangements clarifying, as like the others i'd rather not cough up
Old 07-28-2008 | 06:44 AM
Banned

Well,

Here is the solution to the illegal tyre issue -

1, get a spare set of rims

2, get a pair of crappy old tyres

3, put a few rages out and ram them in yoru passenger seat

I think we need clarification on this rollcage issue though...

I am not bringing a passenger, if someone is confirmed attending as a spectator, you can put them on my guest list. Might cost you a burger though
Old 07-28-2008 | 07:58 AM
Banned

Im also looking for somewhere to stay the night before the Drift Day, if someone has a bit of floor space free for the night before and are nearby the track, or inbetween the track and sheffield, that woudl br great, someone offered a few weeks back, but i forgot who

If not, i have to stay in sheffield, and make the 100mile drive at 6am lol.
Old 07-28-2008 | 12:06 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Hi fellas

Firstly can I say I'm sorry to anyone who is disapointed about the entry charges. There is a race meeting on the main circuit on Saturday and so we ensured that MSV would allow free entry for each driver plus one guest so that they could access the area for the drift stages and use the catering facilities etc. In addition we backed this up by deciding not to charge those guests if they wanted to passenger in the cars during the drifting - this is something MSV normally charge
Old 07-28-2008 | 01:02 PM

Thanks for the clarification Steve.
Old 07-28-2008 | 01:26 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Still hoping to get car back, this week.

If I do, and want to attend, can I turn up on the day with money in hand?

Paul I have a few full face helments if you need to borrow one

Cheers
Kiwi
Old 07-28-2008 | 01:36 PM

Good luck with the car Col, I expect I can borrow a full face from my mate but if you do come then bring a spare with you that would be great, cheers.

Quick Reply: Drift Day at Oulton August 2nd