UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Carlimits Activity Day - Sunday 7th Feb

Old 02-04-2010, 06:44 AM
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

I'll take the place, let me know if all ok.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Lovegroova,

Thats no problems at all. I think I only need your full name for my friend to change it on the booking. He will call them tomorrow with your name as a replacement and you two can sort the money out on Sunday. He paid £48 for the day.

Heres hoping we dont get a monsoon! I am desperate to get the hardtop off!
Old 02-05-2010, 06:15 AM
Community Organizer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking forward to this - at WiM for a geo tomorrow so Sunday should be a good opportunity to test the car with the new settings.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:25 AM

Well that was a hoot! Weather held off for the day till about an hour before the end and it started drying out.

Completely knackered now!

Nice to meet you Haroon and Simon
Old 02-07-2010, 08:32 AM
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Just got back.

The runways were very slippery indeed all day, which made for some fun and a fair few spins

We started off with the high speed bend, which I really struggled with. I couldn't see exactly where I was supposed to be going, and it was very difficult to be turning the car into a corner with my feet off the pedals. I only had 4 or 5 runs so didn't really get a great deal out of this section (the only bad point about the day was the hanging about at this stage, but then if you want lots of goes, you have to pay more, so no real complaint).

The 2nd part of the morning and 1st part of the afternoon was timed runs on a small handling circuit. This was much more fun as there were two areas, so waiting times were much reduced. It was still very slippery, especially where the weekly fish market leaves its oil There was a lot of sliding around from all participants, making for entertaining viewing. I'm pleased to report I posted the fastest time of anyone

The final part of the day was a longer circuit, although with no timing as the rain was coming down a bit harder, again lots of sliding about, and one very spectacular 360 from Haroon, with me in the passenger seat (telling him to go faster, so I take all the credit/blame )

Good to meet Ian (mcwrx), and some very friendly Lotus-owning folk too.

I got a lot out of the day, particularly with regards to driving the S in the wet. I know it can be driven faster than I normally do, and it can be caught if/when things go wrong. Having said that, I 'll continue to be careful in the wet, with a nice margin for error built in.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:00 AM

I must have left just before that spin!

Loved the sound of Haroon's car with the HKS. Even better once the lid was off the airbox!

Your quickest time will be down to the control you had on the car which was good. I think I got a 70 second lap on the circuit but struggled keeping it in a straight line! Right foot too heavy.

Best bit for me was I think I now know how to catch a slide. Previous time I went, it was just a day of going backwards and trashed the tires. This time they took it well and I left feeling like I had achieved something. Car was a jem all day.

Shame about the lotus guys who's cars packed up. I would have been gutted... especially the exige owner
Old 02-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Community Organizer

Had a blast.

Well done Iain for posting this on the forum. It was great to meet you. The Blueflame sounds pretty good in VTEC.

As for the lovegroova aka "Stig"- excellent work. Well done for putting the Elises et al to shame in your S with your lap times.

I do like the Gaz suspension set up fitted to your car and no doubt we will hopefully learn more about it in the coming months

The 360 was fun!

Will try and post up my pics of the day at some stage
Old 02-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Community Organizer

Old 02-08-2010, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by haroonsarwar,Feb 7 2010, 09:43 PM
As for the lovegroova aka "Stig"- excellent work. Well done for putting the Elises et al to shame in your S with your lap times.

I'm dead proud of our lovegroova

Glad you all had a good time

What's your reg all about Haroon?
Old 02-09-2010, 12:32 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Sazzy,Feb 9 2010, 08:13 AM
What's your reg all about Haroon?
Every car follows the P1ED PIPER (in theory). However, I really do need to brush up on my driving technique to make this a reality

Quick Reply: Carlimits Activity Day - Sunday 7th Feb