UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Anybody up for a meet?

Old 06-18-2001, 11:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice idea, (Rutland Water) lots of bendy roads.

S2000DJ
Old 06-19-2001, 02:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ross
It is the time when we decide on a specifc location.

Multimap.com is a fantastic site for directions in the UK. If U could please get some screen shots or provide us with neccesary directions then that should be OK.

I was planning to let my car go during mid July but I think I will keep it an additional meet for the meet.

Also what day would be best suitable for all attendee's.
Sturday or Sunday!

RL

UK
Old 06-19-2001, 08:14 AM

New Owner living in Eversley. RED Y2000SE!!! Yes please, how about the Chequers at Eversley Cross [just through Yateley] Has large carpark for posing!!!!
Old 06-19-2001, 09:35 AM

Either day is good for me
Old 06-19-2001, 11:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Anthony
The response has been superb, so thanks for that.

Surreyguy, yep I am up for the job, I will have a look at some 'local' venues and also I like the idea of M40 - M1 area so we can meet up with some of the other guys from further afield, so maybe a couple of meets.
It sounds like a couple of meets will be needed to get everyone who wants to, together.

Another suggested venue: The Crown in Playhatch, just west of Henley, East of Reading - good links to Oxon, Surrey, Hants, Bucks & Berks.

Ewan
Old 06-20-2001, 06:30 AM

Okay, now this is where things get tricky. Finalising details.

Anthony - Sorry to barge in a bit, but how about for the 'out of London meet' we go for a Pub/Restaurant in the Rutland Water area. For all us townies, it is within a 2/3 hour drive (its about 130 miles from Kingston for example), my preferred route is round the M25, up the A1 and then onto the A606 to Oakham, and Barnsdale Lodge is about 9 miles from the A1/A606 junction.
This is a great restaurant with views over the water, and there are some great roads round there.
For all you lot from the north then come down the A1 instead of North.

For the London meet, Yateley, as per Bob Budge's suggestion is only down the M3 in the Bracknell area, so that might not be a bad idea?
Old 06-20-2001, 07:27 AM

Sorry to but it would be perfect to see all cars in a single location, which is not possible.

I am from london and don't mind travelling to Leicester area to see a couple owners.

Come on guys its just over 100 miles to Leicester. No big deal.

A5 from junction 9 M1 heading north may be the best time in your entire life!

RL
UK
Old 06-20-2001, 10:23 AM

I will be at the British GP weekend if any body else is going (Ian), I could even offer bed and breakfast at a special rate close to the circiut.

Other suggest meet up points in the M1/M40 area would be at the BAR or Jordan factory.

Peter

Burning out my old tryes this week,
Old 06-20-2001, 11:41 AM

meet up points in the M1/M40 area would be at the BAR or Jordan factory
Now that is a great idea, where are they???

Ross
Old 06-21-2001, 12:17 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Peter - I am planning to arrive at Silverstone on Fri. evening, camping Fri / Sat. (not sure how to get all my camping stuff in the stook, but what the hell!) - it would be good to meet up somewhere for a chat / stook comparison - any ideas (mobile phone???? Where do you watch the qualifying / race (I tend to spend Saturday wandering the circuit, watching qualifting at Beckets, Sunday I get in early for a place on the spectator banking at Copse. Any other stook owners in the vicinity of Silverstone for GP week-end?

I have been thinking about writing to Jordan / BAR - I would love to get a picture of my Stook with one of the ultimate Honda powered cars. Maybe if we petition them en-mass there is a better chance - they are both dead keen to keep in with Honda - maybe, just maybe one or other (or both!!!!) would welcome a visit from a dozen or so of Hondas most enthusiastic customers........................ A line of stooks with a Honda powered F1 car tossed in for good measure. Does it get any better than that?????

wadyaallfink?????

Quick Reply: Anybody up for a meet?