UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Any meets in the south west?

Old 10-24-2008, 05:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tracktramp,Oct 23 2008, 07:07 PM
Please add a third member to the Cornish posse

Hi folks. My name is mike alias Tracktramp. I run the 02 MCB that has been spotted by some of you around Truro. I have had the car for about 3 months now and absolutly love it.
A while back i exchanged waves with a nice young lady in Highertown and seen the car several times in Truro. Could this be any of you?
During my weekend drives around Cornwall I have seen quite a few s2000"s. I quite often spot one in Penzance, there is a black one in Truro and spotted a nurby on the A30 only last night. I have also seen a blond haired lady driving a MCB in Truro city centre, so the prospect of a Cornish meet looks promising.
Sorry FistralG, it looks like your not that exclusive any more.

I check these forums most nights and find them fasinating. I tried to join last night so that i could upload some photos, but my PayPal is playing up. As soon as I can get it sorted I will cough up and load up. So until then it has been very nice to meet you all.
Mike Tracktramp
Hi Mike, I'm please to see a few more Cornish S2000 owners active on S2KI. It was getting lonely on here for a while. The prospect of a South West meet is looking more promising.
I thought I saw a Ladyboy Blue S going into the Carland Cross Shell garage this morning around 11ish as I was coming out, but we passed so quickly and sightings of S2K's in this part of the world are so rare I was surprised and didn't get the reg or can be certain it was even an S. If it was, it was a GT with the hard top on, at first glance it looked like an RX8, then as I passed I realised it was too small.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:44 PM

Hi all.
Fistral G, tried getting you on msn the other eve. For some reason I cant reply to PM's on here-v frustrating.
So I have thought of a poss location for the Kernow meet. How does The Cove at Maenporth sound? I think I know them well enough to gaurantee parking for us all on the day as the car park isnt huge.
How many are we now??
Me, Fistral G, Tracktramp, and 2 possibles that may come down- M1bjr and Starlight.
That isnt too awful for a first meet.
Can I interest any brizzle crew or welsh crew to honour us with your presence?? I am coming up to Brizzle weds after all! Fistral G, you up for that 2 or working?
Old 10-26-2008, 03:43 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeh, I can maybe come down of a weekend.
No chance in the week as I work away normally.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by zed2k,Oct 26 2008, 11:44 PM
Hi all.
Fistral G, tried getting you on msn the other eve. For some reason I cant reply to PM's on here-v frustrating.
So I have thought of a poss location for the Kernow meet. How does The Cove at Maenporth sound? I think I know them well enough to gaurantee parking for us all on the day as the car park isnt huge.
How many are we now??
Me, Fistral G, Tracktramp, and 2 possibles that may come down- M1bjr and Starlight.
That isnt too awful for a first meet.
Can I interest any brizzle crew or welsh crew to honour us with your presence?? I am coming up to Brizzle weds after all! Fistral G, you up for that 2 or working?
I guess it depends on numbers. If its going to be a few of us then we need somewhere with a decent size carpark.
I don't know The Cove but I googled it and it looks good.
It would have to be a weekend for me too as I work away in the week.

Having said that my weekends are booked up until end of November now, which is unusual as I'm away on holiday for 2 weeks.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:12 AM

I think the weekends are far better anyhow, so we are all in agreement with that then. Bummer that you havent got one free til end nov tho FistralG!!
Glad that M1bjr is going to make the effort. You must get some others on board too.
There is a public carpark right opp the cove car park anyway so no probs re parking.
If it is a weekend though why dont we try to have a little tour around?? be so much more fun. Any suggestions anybody? Though I think we all must know Kernow very well. Im happy to organise it all if we come up with a budget for accomodation and meals if we want to do a stop over somewhere. That would be good as we could be the posers that we know we are all day and then have a few beers in the eve. Maybe this way we will persuade more people to come down and join us too?
Old 10-27-2008, 05:13 AM

So Tracktramp.......
Where in Cornwall do you live then?
Old 10-27-2008, 11:36 AM

I live in Truro Zed2k, not far from the town. I have been Cornwall based all my life, but have travelled as much as money and time permits.
I am 50 years old and now starting to calm down a bit after living a bit of a wild child life lol. The name Tracktramp comes from my love of "Banger Racing" which for years was my life, running websites for Westworld Raceway and Autospeed.
Be great to hook-up one weekend, only problem is that my wife works some of them so we will have to see what dates you come up with.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:24 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Best way to get hold of me is PM on here, laptop has 3G so Im always connected wherever I am
Old 10-31-2008, 02:37 PM

Bit quiet on this thread, come on people!!
Was parked looking at sea in falmouth the other afternoon when a dk blue s2k went past me. It wasnt until it had just gone past that I noticed it and I beeped and waved but no response. I was hoping they would come back around and say hi but alas that was not the case.
Was this any of you??????
Old 11-01-2008, 12:21 AM

It was not me Zena, I get vertigo sitting on those cliff tops
It could well of been the MCB that I saw in Truro the other day, with a fair haired lady driving. Somebody also told me that there is an MCB in Redruth.

Lovely sunshine here this morning, but blooming cold!
The wife is working today so the car gets a wash this morning.
This afternoon I'll get me top of, and do the chicken run!
KFC at Penzance. Sweeeeeeeeet.

Quick Reply: Any meets in the south west?