UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Any meets in the south west?

Old 10-22-2008, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zed2k,Oct 22 2008, 04:37 AM
very funny re the matching clothes/car combo! Not intentional I can assure you!
Ive lived in Truro for ever!! I actually still spend a lot of time there now but have moved up the river to Falmouth
Yes I went down to maplas to take the pics yesterday. Well spotted. So what did you do in Truro then? Tell me more......
I lived in Cornwall for 36 years most of it between Truro and Mylor Yacht Harbour (18 years) then a couple in Penryn and the last 4 back in Truro in the large estate up beside Truro College.

There was a black S2000 in that estate just a few doors down from me.

I am a Drawing Services Manager, I do computer drawing for a Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Consultancy.

I saw a few S2000's driving around in Cornwall but never had the chance to stop and drop a card in on them. I do miss the option to drive to Perranporth beach in a evening for a nice walk.

On rare occasions I pop back to Perranarworthal to see my dad and stay for a weekend. The rest of my family (cousins, Aunts and Uncle, etc) all live within about a 15 mile radius of Truro
Old 10-22-2008, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by FistralG,Oct 22 2008, 07:37 AM
You may recognise where this was taken on one of my first drives in the S when I bought her.
Custom House Quay? looking towards Flushing I do believe... do I get cookie

I was always weary of parking in Falmouth
Old 10-22-2008, 10:57 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Blimey, the first insular S2K thread.

I lived in Landrake for a while, ran a business out of StIves with a good pal down there and worked in StMawes.
I married a Cornish girl too.
However, that no way qualifies me as Cornish, I know that

Spent a fair bit of my spare time in Truro also, back in the years of Secrets (?) and the Hayloft.
My old pal Kevin Lane ran the jewellery shop in Francis Street, and when he moved back to StIves we worked on 3lanes transport for a bit.

Oh yeh, and I remeber the Berkeley Centre and Shire Horse(?)... God help me...

We get down there sometimes, so a visit to a meet is a possibility for us.
Steve & Karen
Old 10-23-2008, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by m1bjr,Oct 22 2008, 06:57 PM
We get down there sometimes, so a visit to a meet is a possibility for us.
Steve & Karen
Hi steve and Karen!
Def keep a check on here to see what progress me and fistralg make with a cornwall meet, it would great to see you!
Old 10-23-2008, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Starlight,Oct 22 2008, 06:08 PM

On rare occasions I pop back to Perranarworthal to see my dad and stay for a weekend. The rest of my family (cousins, Aunts and Uncle, etc) all live within about a 15 mile radius of Truro
Do pm me when you are next coming down and I will arrange for you to meet with me and fistralg and any other newbies we have gathered by then!
Old 10-23-2008, 10:07 AM

Please add a third member to the Cornish posse

Hi folks. My name is mike alias Tracktramp. I run the 02 MCB that has been spotted by some of you around Truro. I have had the car for about 3 months now and absolutly love it.
A while back i exchanged waves with a nice young lady in Highertown and seen the car several times in Truro. Could this be any of you?
During my weekend drives around Cornwall I have seen quite a few s2000"s. I quite often spot one in Penzance, there is a black one in Truro and spotted a nurby on the A30 only last night. I have also seen a blond haired lady driving a MCB in Truro city centre, so the prospect of a Cornish meet looks promising.
Sorry FistralG, it looks like your not that exclusive any more.

I check these forums most nights and find them fasinating. I tried to join last night so that i could upload some photos, but my PayPal is playing up. As soon as I can get it sorted I will cough up and load up. So until then it has been very nice to meet you all.
Mike Tracktramp
Old 10-23-2008, 11:07 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Mike,
Seems like Zena has been quite a catalyst down there!

We're always tripping down to Plymouth and Landrake to visit the family so will easily extend a weekend day out to come see you guys.
Not much excuse to go further West these days so it would be good to get away elsewhere.

I have only seen two S2K in Devon / Cornwall by doing that trip in nearly two years!

Yes, the forums are a gold mine, and when you have had enough go read the US stuff, really massive folowing.

What I noted with this 'club' is the friendly banter and relative lack of idiots compared to all others.
The demographic of the S2K owners is mostly 30 something professionals, but the spread is massive.
At meets I have met 20-60+ age groups, but the common factor is a love of alcohol

Steve, see you aboot.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:00 PM

Hi Tracktramp!!
Really pleased to have you on board!
Please pm me your contact details and I will get this meet sorted.
Yes i was the girl waving at you in highertown!!
saw the black one in sainsbursys filling station a few months ago, but he wasnt keen to chat. Lets hope he reads this and decides to get in touch!
Old 10-23-2008, 12:04 PM

steve, can you please pm me your contact details too? ta!
Old 10-23-2008, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by m1bjr,Oct 23 2008, 07:07 PM
Hi Mike,
Seems like Zena has been quite a catalyst down there!
Well I hope that means I can rely on you and your posse to take a trek down to Kernow and attend our meets when they are organised?!
Seriously, that would be so cool.
Do you know whats happening with the brizzle meet on the 29th? Is it going ahead? How many are going?

Quick Reply: Any meets in the south west?