Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Why not to go to Stewarts Body Shop

Old 02-26-2008, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why not to go to Stewarts Body Shop

Sooo, I posted a while back about whre to take my S when an old lady messed it up for me. I took it to Stewarts, and was prepared to wait for a while. They ended up having it for 28 days for $1900 in bodywork.... Nevertheless, I had been hit twice on the front bumper and the first one wasnt bad at all. Chris the salesperson said they would probably be able to save the bumper and just repair it. Thats what they did and the result was less than I had hoped for, and the second accident wasnt going to pay for a new bumper. Chris said he and the tech worked for several hours trying to get the bumper to sit right, and how they gave it to me was the best they could do. Consequently, there is a gap about .25" around the passenger side headlight. I came to grips with that seeing as how I pocketed money from the first accident, and the second one fixed the car.

So I pulled up at my bank today and noticed that my grill in the middle of the bumper had "fallen" back into the dead space behind it. I went to Honda and bought a few clips thinking that I would just fix it myself tonight. I did fix the grill and while I did, I noticed that they had left off 12 screws and plastic clips that hold the bumper, grill, and front skid stuff together. Now I am wondering if they really even tried on my bumper at all if they didnt even put back half of the screws that hold the underside together.

In addition, because they had the car for so long, the rental company couldnt get authorization to bill the other persons insurance for the entire amount so they billed my credit card. I quickly called the insurance company and Chris at Stewarts told the ins. co. that they would pay for 4 days of the excess rental if the insurance co. would pay the other days. I have had my car back for 2 months now, and I cant get Chris to return any phonecalls, and when I do get him he says that are "working on it". I called the insurance co today and demanded my money for the 4 days and told them they could get it from the body shop, but I will be calling the owner of Stewarts tomorrow to let him know of my gross dissatisfaction with Chris and the repairs.

I just thought you guys might like to hear one persons experience and factor it into your choice, should you ever have the unpleasant happening of getting your S repaired.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:43 PM

mannn hope my brother doesnt have a problem with them hes getting his door for his nsx replaced
Old 02-26-2008, 07:14 PM

HOLD ON!

You paid $1,900 to get a simple bumper accident fixed? No way tell me this isnt true.I could have got you a whole color change for that much money! No lies!
Old 02-26-2008, 07:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stuarts is Grossly overrated. Just because they have a few exotics sitting around people are willing to think they do the best work. Sorry about your problems.

Should've taken it to a Honda Shop...
Old 02-26-2008, 08:39 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

They do ok paintwork but their customer service sucks. I posted about this a while back. They did the same song and dance on my M3 fender, I think it was over $1000 total to replace a fender, paint it and color match the bumper and hood and they took over 3 weeks.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:23 AM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas_Phantom,Feb 27 2008, 06:05 AM

sewell lexus body shop on haggar street FTW...
Yep, that's the only place I go now.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:36 AM

It wasnt just a bumper, They also replaced the driver fender.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Texas_Phantom,Feb 27 2008, 08:05 AM
sewell lexus body shop on haggar street FTW...
FWIW, I had some front end damage on my RSX at the end of last year, thanks to road debris. Based on some board recommendations here, I took it to Sewell on Haggar. I'd say they did a respectable job, but it was only about 90% as good as it could have been (I'm exceptionally picky).

They screwed-up on a section of the hood repaint, which meant they had to keep it a few more days after they initially said it was done. The hood repair was done very well, though, as was the bumper repair.

They also had a bit of overspray on a couple of minor spots, but it's hardly noticeable. The color match was pretty nice, but you can tell that it's not OEM if you know what you're looking for.

I'd probably go back in the future if needed, but wouldn't be opposed to trying someplace else. The front bumper on my S2K was resprayed by the dealer before I bought it and they didn't do the best job, so I'll probably get it redone in a couple of years (after it inevitably picks up some rock chips).

Ryan
Old 02-27-2008, 06:36 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I have to agree, I've had very bad luck with Honda dealerships. I've had several cars repaired at Sewell with good results. My brother worked at Sewell for a few years out of college and pointed out to me why they lead the pack. It comes down to service managers (which most are college grads) and the body shop guys. They at least attempt to hire the best and pay well from what he tells me.

Not to rip on Bankston or Lute Riley, but I don't think I'll ever go back for a repair or purchase.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:23 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas_Phantom,Feb 27 2008, 07:39 AM
I wasn't trying to rip on bankston, but the paint job they did on my bumper cover has little bubbles...

Plus they were cheap about the repairs - they could have insisted to the lady's insurance that backed into me that they had to replace the entire bumper, yet the chose to repair the existing one.

There's nothing cheap about Sewell Lexus' repairs...
Agree on all counts....

Quick Reply: Why not to go to Stewarts Body Shop